Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

7 weeks pregnant - does anyone else feel like this?

(15 Posts)
katies76 Sat 22-Mar-14 21:23:44

I'm still in shock I'm pregnant - at 37 I thought it would take months, years even. V happy but not sure if the 'morning sickness' I've got is normal.
Just feel nauseous all the time and want to eat burgers! Not bad enough to big sick or stay off work but just feel yuk.
Any one else feel like this?

Sweetpea86 Sat 22-Mar-14 21:29:42

Hi Hun firstly congratulations

I had serve sickness and nausea, every women differs, my friend is 9 weeks and no symtoms what so ever, I have friend that just felt sick all the time, so sounds completely normal what your feeling :D

katies76 Sat 22-Mar-14 22:26:12

Thanks for that, ive heard sea sickness wristbands help have you heard that?

Annarose2014 Sat 22-Mar-14 22:50:37

Yep! Burgers, chips, cheese, sausages......lashings of ketchup.....grin

Nausea all day at work....not actually puking though.

tigger8 Sat 22-Mar-14 22:59:21

Ditto for me. All I want is a McDonald's......wonder if this is the body wanting iron? Strangely enough, eating a little and often lulls the nausea. Like you, I find it hard to stomach most foods though.

letsmakeababy Sat 22-Mar-14 22:59:35

Congrats!

I'm 11 weeks and think (hopefully) I'm coming through the worst. But, yes, to constant nausea (I haven't been sick but have felt SO rough!) and wanting to eat everything in sight (mainly bad carbs!)

As I said, mine seems to be easing now and I can eat fruit and healthy ish stuff again, wow!!

Also, sea bands worked wonders for me during my worst few weeks (5-10weeks approx)

MrsMonkeyBear Sun 23-Mar-14 05:01:52

Hi and congrats.

10+2 and exactly the same. Junk food seems to be the only thing I want a lot of the time. I agree with the Sea Bands. I got a pair at 7 weeks and have barely taken them off. They eased the nausea and so far I only had one bout of MS.

I also found that if I didn't get enough sleep, my nausea was worse. Take lots of naps if you can. And vitamin b6 helps with my nausea too.

X x

Whenwillwe3meetagain Sun 23-Mar-14 05:19:17

Hop on the November 2014 ante natal club and we are all talking about this on there. I'm 5+4 and just have sore boobs and sometimes feel a bit icky but nothing bad.

AveryJessup Sun 23-Mar-14 05:44:59

Snap! I'm 36 and am 7 weeks today as well and feel exactly the same smile. Desperate for something meaty and then as soon as I sit down to eat it, the smell or taste turns my stomach and I have to force the food down. It's just like being sea sick. It's the third pregnancy for me (1 MC, 1 DS smile ) and I was exactly the same last two times.

This evening DH cooked one of my favorite meals to try and tempt me to eat, grilled chops with tzatziki and rice. I took one bite of the lamb and felt like I was going to throw up! Couldn't eat it at all...

So no, general all-day nausea not unusual at all. I second the suggestion to come over to the November 2014 thread. Quite a few tales of nausea and queasiness on there!

Tea1Sugar Sun 23-Mar-14 07:07:24

I'm 35+5 but had awful nausea in the first trimester. Sea bands and ginger based fruit teas helped.

Sweetpea86 Sun 23-Mar-14 07:16:34

I'm 36 weeks and still wearing sea bands they don't cure any thing but the do take edge off things. I will wear then when I give birth lol [ grin]

Babybump0411 Sun 23-Mar-14 07:20:58

I'm also 7 weeks and been scanned and everything looked fine but I understand and sympathise because my sickness is awful has been since I found out when I was like 2 weeks, I'm hoping it will go away cause it's such a drain and I must drive people mad but then at the same time if It means that the baby is safe and healthy we've gotta get threw it but keep your head high and remember it'll all be worth it in the end. Also everyone is hear to help you get threw smile come and whinge anytimesmile
Congratulations btw xx

Emzzy26x Sun 23-Mar-14 20:27:30

Heeeeeey!

Congrats smile im 6 weeks and I feel exactly the same as you! I only really feel ill but im never really sick but apparently 'morning sickness' can be just that smile

This is my first so I really have no idea what to expect... I thought I would have every symptom under the sun haha! But so far so good even though its still a little early!

Guess ill just have to see how mine pans out :D keep me posted.Hope you feel better soon lovely smile

kcmp14 Mon 24-Mar-14 11:39:15

Hi ladies

congrats to you all!

I constantly feel sick and have to force myself to eat little and often. I can highly recommend water crackers though as they do ease it for a little while.

i had a mmc in oct last year so i do feel lucky to be in this situation and to get trough i keep telling myself it will all be worth it and hopefully start getting better in a few weeks as I'm now 7 +5.

I have a privet scan booked tomorrow night to check everything is ok as I'm on a cruise in a couple of weekends for 3 nights and I'm worried if i have another mmc i will mc on the ship and i have a very messy mc the last time.

hope we all start to feel better soon. ��

NancyJones Mon 24-Mar-14 11:48:35

Hi and congratulations. All sounds normal to me.

I had severe morning sickness from 5wks. By 7wks I was bedridden and unable to eat anything and by 8wks I was hospitalised and on a drip as I couldn't even keep water down. It was horrific and lasted until about 20wks. Hope this helps you feel better grin What you seem to be experiencing sounds like fairly standard ms. It's horrid but should start to ease by 11wks. I think the peak for most women with 'normal ms' is 8-10wks.
Hope it eases for you soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now