Webchat with Tristram Hunt, Labour education shadow, MONDAY 27 April at 12 midday ×

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant and single

(5 Posts)
Gemlou15 Sat 22-Mar-14 20:56:00

Hi all, I'm 12 weeks pregnant and have recently split up with my partner... It's been on the cards for a while. Is anyone else in my position and has any advice? I'm feeling quite scared at the moment.

NoMontagues Sat 22-Mar-14 23:54:35

I was, about 13 years ago. You will be ok. Are you heartbroken or relieved about the break -up? How do you feel about the pregnancy?

Gemlou15 Mon 24-Mar-14 20:14:45

I thought I'd be relieved but partly felt heartbroken. I know it's for the best... I'm experiencing every emotion possible at the moment. I'm happy about the pregnancy I've had a rough ride with sickness for the last couple of months but now things are settling down I'm starting to look forward to it all. The situation isn't ideal but if you have any coping strategies I'd appreciate them. Is your child's father involved with him/her?

GracieLoo Tue 25-Mar-14 06:29:25

I am, with dc2. I feel ashamed to tell anyone.

Gemlou15 Tue 25-Mar-14 20:12:55

Hi GracieLoo, don't feel ashamed, there's nothing to be ashamed of at all. You need your friends at times like this and anyone who judges you for the situation isn't worth it. You need your support network at this time so talk to the people you can trust. I'm more scared of what the future holds and want reassurance from anyone who has been in the same situation and come out of it the other side.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now