Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

"Relax, enjoy the peace and quiet"

(9 Posts)
Mummyk1982 Sat 22-Mar-14 17:58:23

Grrrrrr!! If I hear one more person say this to me I will scream!!!

40+3, everyone keeps saying "oh just relax, enjoy the peace and quiet- you'll miss it"
I've waited 9 long months to meet my little princess, I, an active sociable person, I've relaxed as much as I want to, I'm bored of the peace and quiet and I desperately want to meet my little girl. So no, I won't relax and I will not enjoy the peace and quiet.

Sorry- had to get that off my chest!

Ironically though (don't laugh at me now!!) I'm burning lavender and clary sage to try and chill out (see I didn't say relax!) cos I'm getting so agitated now that I'm worried the agitation will stop me going in to labour!!!

Misty9 Sat 22-Mar-14 18:02:55

I remember feeling exactly like this when overdue with ds. But, now nearly 38wks with second, I yearn for those first pregnancy mat leave days! Def no peace and quiet with a toddler smile
That said, I hope things start soon for you

weebigmamma Sun 23-Mar-14 03:50:44

See also 'put your feet up'. I can't! Every time I sit down my restless leg syndrome kicks in and I want to hack my legs off! Arrrgghhh! I'll take sleepness night because of a hungry baby any time over this.

Amy106 Sun 23-Mar-14 04:00:28

OP, I hope your little one arrives very soon. thanks

kjh5 Sun 23-Mar-14 08:46:05

OP I couldn't agree more! I'm 36 weeks and if one more person tells me to 'enjoy your sleep while you still can' I'm going to smack them upside the head - I'm suffering from SPD and getting more heavily pregnant by the hour. At the moment I can enjoy exactly 50 minutes of 'sleep' before I'm woken up by needing the loo/pelvic pain/carpal tunnel/ the baby trying out the Hokey Cokey for the sixth time in a row.

In order to get back to sleep I have to: go to the loo and then hobble round the house for 5minutes to ease the pain in my back/hips.

Apparently newborn babies can sleep for a whole two hours at a time? Sounds like bloody heaven to me. Not only can I not wait to meet my little sproglet, I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to lying down in any position I want and not being in constant pain all night...

Sweetpea86 Sun 23-Mar-14 09:16:32

Agree with kjh5 I'm 36 weeks too crippling spd means every movement in bed wakes me up and I'm in agony. No matter what position i sit or lay I want to cry.

If I take it easy my feet swell coz I'm sat on my fat arse. If I walk try to keep busy I swell and ache like there's now tomorrow.

People keep telling me ohhhhhh wait till the baby's here. Hmmm sounds fab my hubby will be able to help me out and even if I get an hours undirsturbed sleep not needing to pee it will be freaking heaven.

I'm going to be bald by the time I have this baby lol if I go overdue ill cry. I'm ripping my hair out last stretch of pregnacy is overwhelming hard.

Hope you have your princess soon OP

Mummyk1982 Sun 23-Mar-14 10:49:29

Still no sign. I agree, even just an hour of sleep without waking would be fabulous!! My back pain and groin pain has recently hit me again too- I've heard it instantly goes when you've given birth- horray!!!

I've started getting grouchy with people telling me to relax, enjoy my sleep, not to worry- can't be pregnant forever, at least there's an end in sight ..etc etc etc. it's just idle chit chat and not helpful at all. My poor hubby is fed up with me being fed up now too!!!

clairesmiles Sun 23-Mar-14 18:17:44

I'm sick of the silly things ppl say, but yes i'm already sick of the stiff hips and pelvis and i'm only 26wks.

I'm a tummy sleeper and I can't wait to be able to lie on my tummy again, also can't wait to sprawl out on my back without the fear of suffocating myself lol!

I'm under no illusion, I know I won't get an awful lot of sleep when my boy is born, but I don't get a lot of sleep now so not much difference and at least i'll have my little boy to look after.

x

Loubelles Sun 23-Mar-14 18:23:49

I'm nearly 39 weeks and thoroughly fed up of being told to relax and take it easy too!

I'm also hating being home alone most days! Everyone I know is at work and as I finished at 34 weeks, due to my job, nearly 5 weeks off and I'm bored! There is only so much cleaning and baking one can do! My house has never been so clean and I've never eaten so many home made cakes!

Roll on little ones!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now