Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

oh my gosh, make the nausea stop!

(14 Posts)
ElleOhElle Tue 18-Mar-14 14:52:05

confused confused confused confused haven't actually had any sickness just feel nauseous all the time!! yuk yuk, so miserable! 6 + 5 so hoping it ends at 12 weeks, DD1 nausea lasted til about 14 weeks but wasn't as constant as this yuuuuk!!

KLou1105 Tue 18-Mar-14 16:05:44

Poor you :-( Try seabands that's what helped me through the first few weeks of sickness untill it got really bad x

Boogles91 Tue 18-Mar-14 17:57:08

Th ats what being preggers is all about lol x

It's ok to park child in front of cbeebies and hum to self "I feel so sick, I feel so sick" while hiding under a duvet at times like these.

ElleOhElle Tue 18-Mar-14 21:41:47

smearedinfood - so right!! I just keep huffing and sighing my way through the day! I don't remember feeling this rotten last time (I guess that means I've forgotten how painful labour is too)

ElleOhElle Tue 18-Mar-14 21:43:50

klou- thanks! I've been using them intermittently but they kind of give the game away so trying not to use them all the time.

boogles - I know - mother nature can be cruel grin

Sweetpea86 Tue 18-Mar-14 21:47:57

Oh Hun I really feel for you, I had sickness and nausea for 3 months I thought I was dying lol. Now 36 weeks feeling a lot better but still get nausea.

The sea bands are good don't cure it but take the edge off things.

I hope it calms down for you soon

flipflopsonfifthavenue Wed 19-Mar-14 08:23:25

I'm sitting at my desk at work wondering if I can pull a sickie and go home, am feeling so rotten sad

Onlymydogunderstandsme Wed 19-Mar-14 08:48:51

I feel for you, that was me a few weeks ago! I found eating little and often helped as did cold fizzy drinks (especially ginger beer). The nausea definitely eased at 10 weeks and now at 14 weeks I feel near enough back to normal although my appetite is less than normal but that's not a bad thing wink

Hope you start to feel better soon thanks

Catherine1109 Wed 19-Mar-14 08:49:00

I really know how you feel sad I'm 9 weeks and feeling pretty miserable today. What's worrying me the most though is that I've lost 8lbs because I just can't stomach the sight of food. I'm really worried that its going to hurt the baby

lisadolly75 Wed 19-Mar-14 10:02:51

oh me too!!!! i am 6wk +5d too and have had this for bout a week now! Its all day and at night too ! Have found that eating little things helps and rich tea biscuits are my new best friends!!
Either I want to eat something and enjoy it or I am not bothered at all by food soooo weird!
I get really full after a small meal too.

isitnearlyteatime Wed 19-Mar-14 11:26:11

hi - Im 20 + 4 and I had constant nausea for the first 14 weeks which basically made me go off every food except white toast and butter which is what I lived off
The nausea was constant and was just awful - no throwing up but the fact that I was feeling nausea the whole time was pretty grim

My experience has shown that it does goes away - normally when the placenta starts to take over sometime after 12 weeks I think
I hope yours passes quickly and I found that staying out of the kitchen and not looking at any food pictures helped!!

ElleOhElle Wed 19-Mar-14 13:21:41

thanks for your support ladies - hope you all start feeling better soon. I could quite easily work my way though a whole loaf of bread, toasted with half a tub of marge but then I'd be the size of a house!!
the wretched taste in my mouth is not helping things either! x

lisadolly75 Wed 19-Mar-14 15:01:55

Its the blooming saliva for me : /

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now