Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Totally confused - advice please!

(9 Posts)
KatyP212 Tue 18-Mar-14 14:28:32

I'm in my 3rd month of ttc and it's been a really weird one. I'm totally confused.

At 7dpo (stupidly early I know) I began testing with Asda's Early Predictor. I took one in the morning and got a faint positive. In the afternoon I took another and got another faint BFP but no darker. In the evening (I know this sounds a little too much!) I took a first response 6 days sooner and got a visible positive that even my husband could see.

8dpo - I used both tests again and got 3 bfns.

9dpo - morning. I used Early predictor again and First response 6 days sooner and got 2 bfns.

This afternoon I've taken another early predictor and got bfp.

At this point I'm totally confused. I have a strong feeling if I take another FR I'll get a negative. I took this afternoon's test apart and there is definitely pink in the line....or a very convincing evap....I just don't know.

Has any had this happen? Is it a chemical pregnancy? sad

GingerRodgers Tue 18-Mar-14 14:30:00

I think it's way to early and I know it's hard but you need to wait another day or two before testing again.

KatyP212 Tue 18-Mar-14 14:37:28

I know you're right. WIth my first I got my bfp on 9dpo so I was hoping for the same this time round I guess.

GingerRodgers Tue 18-Mar-14 15:24:45

Just think- when you test early you're always wondering 'is it isn't it' whereas if you wait at least until af is due you're much more likely to get a clear answer.
Good luck. I've been there, testing every day since dtd blush grin Just don't let it take Over you.

peeapod Tue 18-Mar-14 15:52:49

the earlier you test the more likely its going to change. The 2ww is horrible, i know.. But while your body is deciding on whether its pregnant or not its best to wait til its made up its mind.

Booboostoo Tue 18-Mar-14 17:06:10

I completely understand the heartache of TTC, took us 14 months for DD and 14 months for DC2, but I think your approach is a bit intense and you may get a bit worn out by it all. Is there a particular reason you are in such a rush? Three months TTC is quite early days.

Mygoldfishrocks Tue 18-Mar-14 18:00:02

although very difficult, you need to stop all.the testing. Try and leave it's week if you can

moominlike Tue 18-Mar-14 18:09:00

I can sympathise as I am also a bit of a POAS addict - I would recommend buying a batch of those test strips online, it's only a couple of pounds for a load of them so much cheaper than keeping buying the shop ones. They do 10mlu versions so just as sensitive as the 'early' testers you can get, if not more.

The earliest I've had a bfp is the day before I'm due on so I would echo what others have said - try and wait as long as possible before testing. I found that really hard too but it saves a lot of confusion and heartache!

Best of luck xx

KatyP212 Tue 18-Mar-14 19:57:15

Thanks guys. I am a total POAS addict. I've put the tests in a drawer and going to wait a few days to test. Thanks for the advice everyone....definitely taken the too intense approach.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now