Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Has anyone tried acupuncture or moxibustion to turn a breech baby and did it work?

(4 Posts)
Spaghettinetti Tue 18-Mar-14 17:30:08

Mmm, it's sounding more and more appealing. I understand if you don't want to give yourself away Bue, but where is your acupuncturist based? Can anyone recommend a good one in the Cardiff/Bristol area?

Bue Tue 18-Mar-14 11:26:58

My acupuncturist has an excellent track record for turning babies with moxibustion. Get thee to one NOW! The best time is around 34 weeks, I believe.

hugshugs Tue 18-Mar-14 11:05:52

Hi, I've not moved a breech, but I have moved my back-to-back baby during this last 10 days. I don't know which bit worked or whether it was a combination of everything, but I used the advice on spinningbabies.com (recommended by, and sworn by, a midwife friend) and acupuncture / moxabustion. I've also been swimming, and VERY careful about my posture when I sit down.

I'd say it's worth trying it all - it can't harm you, and if you have tried it all, you won't regret not doing so! x

Spaghettinetti Tue 18-Mar-14 10:31:38

Hallo! It seems to be one thing after another...just had a scan (at 33 weeks) and found that Babarouni is breech. I was breech, so think it might be a pelvis shape thing...I'm quite keen on trying to get the baby to turn without the use of ECV. I can't do handstands or any weird positioning things because of high blood pressure, but quite like the idea of acupuncture/other alternative therapies; I just wonder how effective they might be and would love to hear other people's experiences. Thanks! :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now