Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

non-existent sex life

(17 Posts)
aroha77 Mon 17-Mar-14 21:56:46

Oh dear...just realised we've only had sex twice since I've been pregnant and I'm 29 weeks!! Admittedly was feeling very sick for a long time but pretty ok lots of the time now but I don't fancy it to the point that it just literally never crosses my mind!
Is that normal?! I'm feeling really bad for my OH now I've realised!!
Thanks

Mummyk1982 Mon 17-Mar-14 22:12:10

Likewise, and DH not keen- pregnancy just puts him off :-( I keep him happy as best I can ;-) but looking forward to 'normal service' being resumed!

Boogles91 Mon 17-Mar-14 22:17:06

I alwYs keep my man happy if im not up to full blown sex! Lol luckily weve had it alot, although its starting to get to once every two weeks, and i have a high sex drive lol sad frustration isnt the word loool x

Clearlymisunderstood Mon 17-Mar-14 22:30:06

Exactly the same here, I'll be 29 weeks on Thursday. Didn't even have sickness as an excuse just can't be arsed....

Writerwannabe83 Mon 17-Mar-14 23:14:01

I'm 38 weeks pregnant and we have only had sex twice since conception.

DH wouldn't dare complain grin

Misty9 Mon 17-Mar-14 23:39:16

I was sick as a dog until 16 weeks and only done it once since then. I'm nearly 37wks. Might have to go for it before the birth though as we're not risking getting pregnant again until he's had the snip
Dh is the one with the low sex drive and even he is feeling a bit frustrated! grin

weebigmamma Tue 18-Mar-14 00:45:30

Once in the last 36 weeks! What can you do though? I have been completely uncomfortable the whole time and I don't even like being touched. Not long to go now though and hopefully after recovery things will get back to normal.

weebigmamma Tue 18-Mar-14 00:46:28

It was different in my first pregnancy- sex life was pretty much as normal the whole time. But that was years ago and this pregnancy has been a lot tougher.

Tea1Sugar Tue 18-Mar-14 06:54:20

35 weeks. What's sex!?

RaRa1988 Tue 18-Mar-14 10:35:43

I find the more I have it, the more I want it. Sometimes, like when I was really ill with HG in weeks 7-10, we didn't have sex for so long that I stopped wanting or 'needing' it and the first time after that had to be totally initiated by DP and was more for his benefit than mine - until we got going and then I found myself enjoying it again. Maybe just try it one night and see if it helps you get your drive back? Of course, it helps if your DP still finds you attractive during pg - some don't, and I know I'd find that very offputting. My DP loves my bump though (still small at 28 weeks) and his sex drive doesn't seem to have changed at all, so I do always feel desirable.

Sweetpea86 Tue 18-Mar-14 10:36:36

Just after conception hubby had to work away by the time he got bk I was throwing my guts up. I'm 36 weeks and touch wood it's seems to have gone but it's only took 8 months lol.

Once sickness calmed my spd flared up. So last time I had sex was conception lol saying that we did do it ALOT .

It did really worry me at first talked to my hubby and he told me not to worry and what I was going through was much more important.

We have a good strong relastionship love how he's been so supportive off me.

Plus he's seem me vomit whilst pissing my selfi n the bathroom. And had to clean sick up for me so he probs doesn't want to come any were near me haha

ChicaMomma Tue 18-Mar-14 13:27:25

26+4 and only have been 'intimate' about 8 times, max. Really must make more of an effort. I've not even been sick so have no excuse. We do lots of hugging and kissing though, and i am thankfully fond of the 'hand job' so i've given him quite a few of these.

You'd wonder is a myth that some women get sex crazed during the 2nd trimester?

I think for me a lot of it is i just feel so WHALE-like. I really do not feel sexy at all- so i guess why would i expect him to? Although i know he does, i just dont feel it myself.

Chopsypie Tue 18-Mar-14 13:39:23

Chica, it's not a myth my sex drive went wild in my 2nd pregnancy. From 13ish weeks up until my due date we had sex at least 6 times a week.

Although first pregnancy I think we had sex 3 times over 40weeks!

ChicaMomma Tue 18-Mar-14 14:04:49

Lucky you, that sounds like fun in your 2nd pregnancy!!

Was it a different gender baby the first time? i doubt it makes a diff but just wondering..

GiveMeVegemite Tue 18-Mar-14 14:36:30

Never had sex after 12 weeks when I was pregnant with my first, got pregnant the first time we had sex, after I gave birth. Didn't have sex all that pregnancy either! My poor DH. haha.

Chopsypie Tue 18-Mar-14 16:03:47

Actually, it was.
First was a boy the second was a girl!

bugoven Tue 18-Mar-14 16:27:20

I didn't want it for the first 12 weeks but am now very keen. However, OH's dad is staying with us so can't really get into it and he's always around in the evenings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now