Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Old wives tale or not re. predicting sex of baby???!! Just for fun...

(4 Posts)
Iona1651 Mon 17-Mar-14 13:21:23

I was busy taking up a pair of maternity trousers at the weekend when mum who was visiting said to get the needle on a length of cotton and let it hang over my hand. It should start to move of its own accord. You then do the same over your partner's hand and it should move in a different direction/way (something to do with pulse??). You then to the same over your belly - whichever movement it does is the sex of your baby - apparently! I'm not convinced mum wasn't making it move though and now my partner is excited as he thinks we're having a girl which he is desperate for!!! Anyone wish to join in and see what's 'predicted'?

MarEl Mon 17-Mar-14 13:33:59

I thought this was just dangling a wedding ring on a piece of cotton over your bump. x

Iona1651 Mon 17-Mar-14 14:17:22

Maybe it is - but we're not married and won't be until 1st Aug this year! I think it's just some sort of metal as it's to do with the pulse?? I've no idea really!

moobaloo Mon 17-Mar-14 16:56:21

Mil did this to me and got it right!

Congratulations on your pregnancy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now