Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Actually wanting the pain of labour to begin

(10 Posts)
Mummyk1982 Sun 16-Mar-14 20:41:45

Due date is Wednesday, so desperate to meet our baby I actually want to be in labour now- I don't care about the pain- I actually want it! I want to experience it now (yes I know I'll regret that statement!). I keep getting such excruciating sharp pains across the bottom of my bump and down into my bits- and getting so excited, though it's almost always associated with her moving so don't think it's even a whisper of the start of anything.
Had a bit of period style back ache for an hour or so yesterday- soooo want to wake up with it overnight, or waters to break, or a show, or just something to say she's imminently arriving!! My neighbour just had her baby today- I heard them leave for the hospital at 5am and now they're back- I'm so jealous!!

Writerwannabe83 Sun 16-Mar-14 21:12:58

How exciting!!!

I'm sli8ghtly different in that I'm having a CS this coming Friday but like you I want things to start just so I can meet him earlier!!

I'm so, so, so excited about his arrival - I actually cry if I sit and think about it.

Over the last week my body has been showing signs of preparing for labour and earlier today I was also having extreme shooting pains at the bottom of my bump and into my lady bits grin

It's so amazing that so many of us are going to be new mommies soon!!!!!!

Looseleaf Sun 16-Mar-14 21:17:24

I really hope it goes well and remember that feeling! It does sound imminent as period pains are exactly how it felt for me except that they come regularly and intensify.
Is it your first?
The best advice I had (and only as I didn't go to prenatal classes) was not to be afraid of the pain and to keep relaxed as far as you can! This got me through and even though it was hard right at the end as my friend said this is a sign you're there as sure enough both times our babies arrived just as I thought I couldn't take more! It was magical for me and I'm sure due to the calm midwives encouraging me so hope you have support to make you feel safe. All the best

Sweetpea86 Sun 16-Mar-14 21:28:46

I'm so jealous I've got a month till my due date. I just want it to hurry up.

I hope I don't go over but Probaly will lol.

I'm so scared about labour it's all I worry about, but at the same time I just want it to be here.
My friend said the same as you OP by time labour came she was so happy and excited, she loved giving birth.

I just hope I don't get too frightened and make the pain worse.

Hope it happens soon for u and you get to meet ur icle baby

CountBapula Sun 16-Mar-14 21:35:23

I'm 40+4 so as you can imagine I'm dying for it to start. I've been getting the shooting fanjo pains, too - is that a sign?

I was induced with DC1 at 41+4, but keen to avoid induction this time. If he doesn't arrive soon I'll be looking at induction next Saturday sad

Mummyk1982 Sun 16-Mar-14 21:36:50

Sweet pea, have you looked into hypnobirthing or natal hypnotherapy? I'm planning on using hypnobirthing techniques- I'm under no illusions it won't be painful, but I feel very ready to embrace it and 'enjoy' the experience- or make the very most of it at least! I'm not at all scared- like I said I want it now ;-)
But go back 5 months- I was terrified!

Mummyk1982 Sun 16-Mar-14 21:47:31

Yes it's my first looseleaf :-)
I'm not sure the shooting pains are a sign of anything countbapula- I've been having them for about a week- sometimes so bad it's felt like I'm being split in half- they come out of nowhere and disappear without a trace- it's usually when she's active so I figured it's her little fists or head hitting a nerve.
Desperately don't want to go overdue- got a horrible feeling I will though :-( seeing midwife on due date- she's offered me a sweep which totally goes against all I've learnt in hypnobirthing, but I fear my patience may be running thin by then. Said to hubby I might get midwife just to do examination to see if cervix is doing anything exciting or not and decide from there....

Sweetpea86 Sun 16-Mar-14 21:54:34

Yeah I've got a book on hypnosis for child birth hopefully it will calm me a little. I'm a control freak and I hate not knowing what's going to happen.

I worry about every thing so it's a combo of all.

Hopefully the hypnosis will help. smile

everythinghippie29 Sun 16-Mar-14 22:02:34

Ooh, I went to 42 weeks and was eventually induced, I was SO desperate to go, I was analysing every pinch, ache or kick!

Good luck, hope you go soon! How exciting grin. grin

thecakeisalie Sun 16-Mar-14 22:03:41

I'm pretty sure the last but of pregnancy is so uncomfortable just so you welcome the pain of labour as it means eventual relief!

I always the sharp pains were when the baby hit/kicks/headbutts the cervix. For me I get sharp pains when baby is wriggling and head bytting me low down, just a guess though.

I'm 38+1 and getting niggles and aches which means I keep hoping I'll go early this time. Even the midwives keep trying to get my hopes up about going early but after being 10 days over last time I'm preparing myself for an April baby!

Heres hoping we all pop sooner rather than later!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now