Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Baby Movement

(4 Posts)
Earnest2014 Sun 16-Mar-14 16:40:51

Hello, I am just 20 weeks today. Waiting eagerly for some movement that I can be sure of... I sometimes feel something happening but I am not sure what. Then it goes again. I am an anxious pregnant and my next scan in two weeks.

Thanks, Charlotte

moobaloo Sun 16-Mar-14 17:00:51

Hi congratulations!

I didn't feel movements till week 20/21 that I was sure of. The first kicks felt like little pops and I didn't get many a day.

You will feel something soon!

Try lying down after having a cold fizzy drink and see if you feel anything

X

Earnest2014 Mon 17-Mar-14 07:24:09

Thank you. I just can't trust what I feel... I'm going to go get a scan to be sure everything is okay. I can't wait another two weeks till the mid term scan.

Plateofcrumbs Mon 17-Mar-14 08:27:14

Hi Earnest - everyone differs in when they feel early movement, 20 weeks is pretty normal to start feeling something. It took 2-3 weeks from when I felt the first tiny movements ('pops' or bubbles is quite a good way to describe it) to feeling more definite 'kicks'. At 22 weeks I am still going through phases where I don't feel so much movement (and panicking about it !), and I think it was days between the first little bubble (was 18 weeks for me) and the next time I felt it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now