Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling a bit low

(8 Posts)
goodmum123 Sun 16-Mar-14 13:25:12

Being pathetic. Expecting my second in sept. Had severe pre eclampsia with first. At 8 weeks I started with bad headaches and high Bp. I am now on medication and have been signed off for five weeks. Bp now normal, just have usual pg symptoms, feeling. Bit sick, knackered and occasional headache.

I am due back to work tomo and I'm absolutely dreading it. I'm being pathetic, it's a nice job but I really don't want to go. Sat in bed all morning crying about it and getting myself worked up. Had pnd with first and can just begin to feel those feelings again.

I know things will be ok but just feeling so low about it all. Poor baby deserves a better mother than me anyhow, as having horrible thoughts about what I've got myself into.

Inglori0us Sun 16-Mar-14 14:14:36

Do go back to GP if you're feeling low.
Can you try a gentle return to work part time so it doesn't seem so daunting?
PND is so awful. Your GP can refer you for psychological support now to try to help you through the pregnancy and beyond.
I know it's probably the last thing you feel like doing but gentle exercise would help.
I hope you have support from partner/family/friends. Please talk to people as isolating yourself is the worst thing you can do at times like this.
Maybe getting back into work will help a bit as you'll have something to distract you and be around people.
Do take care. xx

goodmum123 Sun 16-Mar-14 20:38:03

Thanks inglorious, I know going to work will be the best for my mental health, it's just the going back after 5 weeks of literally chilling out to bring Bp down. All will be well and if I feel this rubbish by next midwife app I'll tell her. Have a great network just tend to keep stuff to myself

Thanks for caring. X

icklekid Sun 16-Mar-14 21:00:56

I agree you should think about a phased return so its not a shock to your system after 5 weeks off- can build up to full time after first week. Even after 2 weeks off I did this and it helped hugely...

Inglori0us Sun 16-Mar-14 21:20:41

Take care and take each day as it comes. Don't get stressed out it you'll BP will rise again.
Plan some treats for yourself, manicure, massage, haircut, dinner out etc so you have some nice relaxing things to look forward to. x

Kri5ty Mon 17-Mar-14 13:49:50

Big hugs hun

i had pnd with first, and severe anxiety with this one.
id go to go and explain and also do phased return to work xx

MarEl Mon 17-Mar-14 14:04:23

I'm sure your baby will love having you as his/her mummy, don't say that! But sometimes it's better to not think about it until you need to do it, I think we all panic and list reasons in our head why we don't want to do something, but when it comes, it's not that bad!

If all else fails, tempt yourself with a nice meal, or a shopping spree that you can only do after you go back to work. Bribing yourself makes the day go by much easier! x

goodmum123 Tue 18-Mar-14 16:28:55

I've managed two days back at work where my colleagues have been amazingly supportive. I'm glad I'm
Back as routine really does help if you re feeling low. (I should have remembered that from last time).

Thank you all for you kind words and care

Much love xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now