Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Previous c-section and current pregnancy

(10 Posts)
jigsaw8 Sun 16-Mar-14 08:28:31

I was just wondering what I should expect in the stretching sense, is it going to be uncomfortable and if so how soon will it start?

Thanks.

Dancingdreamer Sun 16-Mar-14 08:33:56

I had C-Section and further pregnancy with no problems or discomfort. You should be fine. Congratulations on your second pregnancy!

bonzo77 Sun 16-Mar-14 08:37:26

Same as dancer. Not sure if it's relevant but I did have minimal weight gain, and ds2 was a month early. As in I didn't have the impact of the bigger later stage of pregnancy.

Spellcheck Sun 16-Mar-14 08:39:34

Just cuddling 5 day old DC5, born after 3 previous CS and not a single twinge or pain from the scars in any of the pregnancies. Enjoy your pregnancy!

riksti Sun 16-Mar-14 08:40:39

I'm 38 weeks after a previous section and have only noticed the c section scar when sneezing. And this only during this last month or so, nothing prior to this. Fortunately I don't sneeze that often.

CrispyFB Sun 16-Mar-14 18:49:31

I had two previous c-sections (and a laparotomy which is a similar incision just not into the uterus) and never felt a twinge from that area throughout my last pregnancy no matter what.

isisisis Sun 16-Mar-14 19:05:18

Sorry to hijack, crispyFB can I ask what order you had your surgeries? Ie CS, lap, CS or CS, CS, lap? I had EMCS 6/12 ago & laparotomy 1/12 ago. Where you advised to have a further CS after the lap? Just wondering what my future options might be. Haven't come across anyone with similar scenario before.

sdaisy26 Sun 16-Mar-14 19:37:34

I'm currently 39 weeks with dc2, had emcs with dc1 20 months ago & haven't felt anything scar related - mw asked about it & said it was common to feel some stretching / uncomfortableness but I really haven't at all.

CrispyFB Mon 17-Mar-14 20:00:43

I had CS, lap, CS, CS.. but I should point out that the laparotomy was during pregnancy and required to put in a permanent stitch round the bottom of my uterus so I didn't lose the pregnancy. The laparotomy doesn't count as far as I'm aware towards the c-section count as it's incisions into the uterus that they care about. Don't quote me on that though!

isisisis Mon 17-Mar-14 20:07:21

Thank you, crispy that's really helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now