Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pilates DVD - any recommendations

(5 Posts)
MockCroc Sun 16-Mar-14 07:40:36

Hi

I did pilates classes through my last pregnancy and it really helped. I am now 20 weeks with no 2 and creaking and aching. I've moved in the meantime to somewhere with no local classes. Has anyone used a DVD (doesn't necessarily have to be pregnancy Pilates, but that would be ideal) that they would recommend?
Thanks so much!
MC

Plateofcrumbs Sun 16-Mar-14 10:56:08

I've been doing the "10min Pilates" which you can buy on a DVD but is also on YouTube so you can try it out for free. I don't think it's what a purist would recognises as Pilates though. There are a range of other pregnancy yoga and Pilates vids on YouTube so worth a look before shelling out for a DVD.

blacklily3 Sun 16-Mar-14 11:53:18

I agree with ppl, 10 min solutions pre natal Pilates DVD (or you tube) is great, I am 38 +4 and have done it throughout my pregnancy. I also like Erin O'Briens complete pregnancy fitness and yoga for me and my baby. I have been v lucky and had an easier pregnancy than first time, even with toddler and am convinced it has a lot to do with exercise and stretching (am lucky I am able to do it as no sid or anything like that).

icklekid Sun 16-Mar-14 19:09:44

My pregnancy pilates instructor recommended these www.pfilates.com/pilates-products.php

MockCroc Thu 20-Mar-14 09:23:31

Thanks so much for the advice. YouTube had never occurred to me so that is really helpful. No excuse not to get started now? X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now