Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Just coughed and my belly button popped out.

(13 Posts)
RedCountryRoads Sat 15-Mar-14 23:58:41

That's it really. I'm 27 weeks, just had a 3 course meal and my tickley cough is acting up now I'm in bed.

It really grosses me out. I've always had a deep belly button and now its almost flat. shudder
Is anyone else freaked out or am I being irrational?!

hartmel Sun 16-Mar-14 02:24:06

It is normal. The bigger your bump gets the more the belly button will get flat. By the time I delivered my DS at 40+5 it was completely flat. It will go back in, shortly after baby is born..

AuditAngel Sun 16-Mar-14 18:32:37

I am very thankful that despite 3 pregnancies my belly button never popped out it is probably the only advantage to being fat

RedCountryRoads Sun 16-Mar-14 18:35:56

grin It really freaked me out. Belly buttons just make me feel a bit queasy for some reason!

GummiBear74 Sun 16-Mar-14 18:38:19

Mine never popped out, but went completely flat. DH found this an endless source of amusement for some reason!

EyelinerQueen Sun 16-Mar-14 18:39:46

I'm 21 weeks and can only hope this happens to me.

My belly button goes in endlessly, like you could stick your entire finger in there. I hate it.

DP reckons it leads to Mordor hmm grin .

RedCountryRoads Sun 16-Mar-14 18:56:57

eyelinerqueen mine was really long, could fit most of my little finger in. Now it's my little fingernail.

My DH thought it was hilarious and was asking me to cough so he could see it.

balia Sun 16-Mar-14 19:04:33

One morning during my first pregnancy I got up and caught sight of myself in the mirror and there was just a hole where my belly button had been the night before! Gave me quite a turn. DH told me I wouldn't be able to go in the bath anymore because my body was no longer water tight and with pregnancy brain I believed him for ages several minutes.

ThePowerOfCake Sun 16-Mar-14 19:22:00

EyelinerQueen mine was the same! Really deep and twisty. It's now pretty much flat at 40w. No idea what it will look like afterwards!

Penguinita Sun 16-Mar-14 19:37:33

It totally freaks me out too! I'm nearly 30 weeks and had never seen the bottom of my belly button before, it was so deep. Now it is kind of folded over, but if I lay on my back and sit up using my tummy muscles it totally pops out. Gross! There was quite a lot of fluff in there too grin

purplebaubles Sun 16-Mar-14 19:39:47

Mine went totally flat first pg..hated it. After giving birth it was weird. I honestly thought I'd lost my normal belly button but after 6 months it was back to normal and how it had been before.

Now, second pg, 33 weeks, it is flat and popped out again! I'm hopeful it will go back to normal though this time, as it did last time!

Sweetpea86 Sun 16-Mar-14 21:32:05

I'm 36 weeks mine hasn't popped out yet but I think that's because I'm fat lol I hope it doesn't. Although had my belly button pierced years a go and the old scar tissue has stretched and gone rock hard. Looks awful.

Boogles91 Sun 16-Mar-14 23:24:26

I have mybelly peirced and its all hard wen i take the bar out, so far i e been able to keep it in smile hope mine dont pop out but most likely wil as im slim sad loool anyone find that womens bb always attract crap n dirt whereas mens are fluff factorys? -.- xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now