Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Worried

(10 Posts)
hollystar500 Sat 15-Mar-14 13:11:03

Apologies if this in in the wrong section but new to this so bear with me! Had a mc is dec, I'm 8 + 1, had an early scan yest to be told could only see a flicker of a heartbeat and measuring 6.7mm which would put me at 6 weeks. I know my dates aren't wrong so Is this bad news? Have to go back on fri.
Felt so positive until yesterday as had no bleeding at all, but I have had bad cramping esp after my internal scan yest.
Anyone been through anything similar?

SwimmingMom Sat 15-Mar-14 13:15:46

Hi Holly, sorry to hear that you are worried. Could your dates be a bit wrong? Ovulation is not always precise & a correction of a week or so is always possible. Do you have very regular cycles or are they a bit variable.

Since we are past Friday - have you found out what's going on now?

SwimmingMom Sat 15-Mar-14 13:16:57

Hi, sorry I thought you meant Friday - yesterday; but I guess you mean the next one. Good luck, I hope it goes well & just turns out to be a date correction! X

RegainingUnconsciousness Sat 15-Mar-14 13:18:21

My sis had a scan at what she thought was 10 weeks and was redated to 7 weeks, putting conception to after her BFP. Her DS was born on time according to her original dates and is now 3!

Don't panic, the dates and measurements are a bell curve, some people are outside of the average.

hollystar500 Sat 15-Mar-14 13:21:40

My dates arnt wrong just keeping everything crossed, no idea about cycles as only had one cycle after last mc, not had many symptoms either so stressed!! Bbs seemed to have shrank and had no no nausea x

qazxc Sat 15-Mar-14 13:23:14

I've had similar experience of being sore after early scans.
I suffer from recurrent miscarriages so was checked in EPU a couple of times.
The first scan they could not find a baby and said i was smaller than expected (I was dead sure of my dates). They bought me back a couple of weeks later and there was baby, heartbeat and measuring spot on. I'm currently 26 weeks. They reckon that the first scan just wasn't a good angle. They do have to do quite a bit of rooting around to get a view of something very small at this stage and the measurements can be a bit off. The fact that there is a hearbeat is a massive plus in your favor.

hollystar500 Sat 15-Mar-14 13:33:28

Thanks for the advice everyone will feedback on fri once I have my next scan x

SwimmingMom Sat 15-Mar-14 18:19:09

Holly - if indeed you are at 6 weeks then there are unlikely to be too many symptoms. Try not to worry too much about it. Good luck with the scan.

Mmolly2013 Sat 15-Mar-14 18:24:27

My midwife moved my dates back by a week and I was pretty certain of my dates so don't worry about baby's can have wee growth spurts in the womb and you could find you get dates moved again

ikeaismylocal Sat 15-Mar-14 18:49:29

This happened to me, I was sure I was about 7+4/5, we had a scan and the embryo was measuring 6ish weeks. There was a heartbeat.

By the time I had my 12 week scan the baby was measuring according to the dates I first had.

A heartbeat is a really good sign. It is such a tiny difference between 6/7/8 weeks, mm are so small it's really easy to make a mistake.

I hope you get good news next week!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now