Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How likely is it to have these symptoms and NOT be pregnant?

(15 Posts)
WakeTheUnion Sat 15-Mar-14 12:31:01

Metallic taste
Sore boobs
Heightened sense of smell (sporadic)
Very tearful (although this has pretty much past, a week ago I was a tearful wreck)

I'm on the pill so missed period won't be a sign. I know everyone will say to poas but I'm not going to have a chance to buy one until Monday and I just need to set my mind at rest.

grobagsforever Sat 15-Mar-14 12:34:39

V unlikely on the pill. Have you missed any?

AlternativeMoniker53 Sat 15-Mar-14 12:37:23

That could all be PMT type strangeness, I've tested before, having had children, so thinking I knew the signs and it's been nothing. Hope you get the outcome you're looking for.

WakeTheUnion Sat 15-Mar-14 12:37:40

Yes, and I've only been back on it for a few weeks so I'm not sure I can entirely rely on brilliant contraception sad

WakeTheUnion Sat 15-Mar-14 12:38:12

Thanks Alternative

alita7 Sat 15-Mar-14 14:40:04

I know you don't want to hear take a test as you can't but it really Is the only way. So many of us have had convincing pregnancy symptoms and not been we really can't say.

sarahquilt Sat 15-Mar-14 15:21:42

I didn't feel tearful in early pregnancy. That sounds like PMT type stuff.

TheJumped Sat 15-Mar-14 15:26:02

Tearful sounds like PMT - sore boobs is a pretty good sign but as others have said, just really unlikely when on the Pill. Do you want to be pregnant?

WakeTheUnion Sat 15-Mar-14 18:00:57

I didn't feel tearful when I was pg with DD, I just read it on the MN symptoms list. When I was very tearful last week it was when I should have been having my week off the pill but I carried on as per the advice on the packet because I'd missed one. I think my body just got confused. But my boobs have been sore for a good two weeks now and it was the metallic taste and noticeable lack of appetite today that really got me worried.

TheJumped no, I really don't want to be pregnant. It would be, well, not quite a disaster but close. Definitely not part of the plan. I'll get a test on Monday just to make sure.

Boogles91 Sat 15-Mar-14 22:48:59

I used to get this every now again when i was on the pill, stopped taking it in the end. It was making me feel like shite after taking it for years. Just dona test if you cant be sure, only way to know. As we can advise you on what it might be but at the end kf the day your still gonna be left wondering. Bestof luck chuck x

grobagsforever Sun 16-Mar-14 09:43:46

Ok so if you've only just started taking it then these could easily be symptoms of your body adjusting to the pill. I used to get very tearful on microgyon. Not tearful in early pg either time. Od take a bet you're in the clear. Good luck with your test.

meditrina Sun 16-Mar-14 09:48:06

That list is quite similar to my early PG symptom list. And yes, I spotted PGs that way.

But I also convinced myself I was PG at least twice when I wasn't.

So I'd say the overlap between early PG and PMT symptoms can be significant. POAS is the only way. (or just buy an expensive test whilst wearing white jeans. AF will arrive before you make it to a loo).

rdr15 Sun 16-Mar-14 13:49:43

Hi I am 26 weeks and was on the pill and didn't have any symptoms of pregnancy until a missed period so took a test and I was already 7 weeks pregnant didn't really get any symptoms until 9-10 weeks so unfortunately the pill isn't always effective! I don't even know what happened had been on the same brand for 5 years took it same time every day and somehow still got pregnant! If you are unsure I would recommend just taking a test to put your mind at ease according to my GP it's only 1% of the time the pill doesn't work so I'm sure you will be fine smile

WakeTheUnion Mon 17-Mar-14 14:46:08

BFN smile

AlternativeMoniker53 Tue 18-Mar-14 12:38:46

Yay!!! Congrats Wake and lots and lots of wine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now