Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Do most pregnancies go over due

(3 Posts)
Sweetpea86 Sat 15-Mar-14 11:15:30

I'm 36 weeks on Monday and I swear I'm losing the plot now lol desperately want to be settled at home with my little baby boy (first baby)

But also fed up of being pregnant SPD is making me very depressed I feel as those some one had kicked me In the groin with steel toe boots on. sad

I'm i more likely to go overdue than than before or on my due date.

I don't think I can cope if I go over. I know once baby is here I will have less sleep but I just want a nights sleep were I'm not peeing or waking up in agony sad

learnasyougo Sat 15-Mar-14 11:33:51

I seem to remember being told the average for a first timer is 41+1, and that includes those ergo are induced by 42 (so the 'natural average' may be higher. my first was born at term+16 though a sweep me contracting at term+13 (I declined earlier sweeps).

I hear acupuncture works well, though if I were you, I'd wait until 40w. I know how you feel though. I'm 37w with spd, too. the longer this takes, the more nervous I get, too.

flippingtalc Sat 15-Mar-14 12:12:22

My first was at 39+1 and my second was 37+5 so they can come early, hope your holding your little boy soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now