Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Lidocaine / Root Canal 1st Trimester

(2 Posts)
porcito Fri 14-Mar-14 23:35:29

Had to go in for a root canal this week, not ideal, but I thought my face was going to fall off. Has anyone else had this done in the first trimester (I'm just over 11 weeks).

I had to have three doses of lidocaine anaesthetic, and despite all the dentists knowing about the pregnancy, and my obstetrician telling me it was ok, their expertise is no match for the stories on google (someone needs to invent a way to ban google search once your HcG levels get past a certain point).

So...has anyone else had experience with this with everything turning out normally? I've been stressed about drinking milk with extra vitamins, so this is torture!

JustDanni Sat 15-Mar-14 04:30:12

A local anaesthetic wont do you or baby any harm.
Thousands of pregnant women have dental work done (cause it's free!) and have no issues in connection to it.

I understand the worry. I freak out at everything I eat and drink right now. Even mineral water lol.
It's all good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now