Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Anyone with a stye like thing on your eye during pregnancy. It is a small red lump/spot near my tear duct. I've been prescribed fusidic acid ointment but this is not working.

(7 Posts)
EmilyJane86 Fri 14-Mar-14 18:02:26

Anyone having similar issues or have any idea what this is?

alicebear Fri 14-Mar-14 18:52:49

Is it painful?

EmilyJane86 Fri 14-Mar-14 19:43:01

Only if I touch it

alicebear Fri 14-Mar-14 21:05:07

It is probably a stye & not pregnancy related. You could see an optometrist if you're worried but they usually go on their own but can be a bit stubborn. There are lots of suggestions online for simple things you can try that might help.

EmilyJane86 Fri 14-Mar-14 21:17:08

It's been there for about 7 weeks. I've used the drops from the doctor. I don't think it's a stye neither did the doctor.

alicebear Sat 15-Mar-14 14:13:02

See an optometrist then - or if your GP can't sort it ask for a referral to ophthalmology.

TeWiSavesTheDay Sat 15-Mar-14 16:57:09

Could be a cyst? Have you been stressed lately? I used to get them due to stress. Unfortunately if it is that mine had to be removed surgically, not sure if that would be am option during pregnancy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now