Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sharp pains in vagina

(5 Posts)
buffythebarbieslayer Fri 14-Mar-14 10:24:23

35 weeks and last night/this morning I keep getting sort of shooting pain/burny sensastion in my vagina.

Sorry for tmi but I'm anxious as I had a third degree tear with last birth and although I healed well I'm worried it's something to do with that.

birdbrain21 Fri 14-Mar-14 10:32:06

I had this also around 35 weeks, I remember because we were on holiday at the time and I was worried it was something to do with labour, it was my first pg so didn't know what to expect...
When we got back from holiday and I told the mw she said it was probably from the baby sitting very low so putting pressure on the cervix when I was walking or standing up but it was nothing to worry about. I went on to not only not go into labour early but have to be induced because I went overdue and I had an episiotomy because baby was getting distressed so they wanted to help speed things up.
Don't know if it's the same pain as you but I wouldn't have thought it would be to do with the tear last birth but I'm not a mw so don't really know. If your worried always best to call your mw or ask at next appointment.
good luck

buffythebarbieslayer Fri 14-Mar-14 10:41:43

Thanks Birdbrain, that's reassuring. Will mention it next week at my appointment just to be sure.

This is my third pregnancy but there's always something new!

Snobble Fri 14-Mar-14 13:57:29

Yep its cervix pain. I have been having it since 34wks and now im 38wks and its not anymore pleasent.

Its just DD's little head bouncing off my cervix according to the midwife... lovely. Sometimes it will also feel like the baby is trying to break free, this is also normal so dont worry.

Sweetpea86 Fri 14-Mar-14 19:56:27

M 35 weeks and I've got the same thing. Needed to pee loads and when I go I hardly pee any thing lol like other ladies said must be baby laying low smile

It is scary getting pain down there

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now