Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

5 weddings at different stages of my pregnancy

(17 Posts)
Lozmatoz Thu 13-Mar-14 21:13:09

Help! I've got a mammoth year of weddings to attend. I'll be ranging from 14 weeks to 8 months pregnant and don't want to spend a fortune on outfits. Luckily theyre sll completely different sets of people do im hoping to wear the same thing yo them all. Does anyone have any suggestions of what or where to buy from.

Also, I'm 5'10" so a lot of high street shops don't cater for me.

Thanks!

Mrswellyboot Thu 13-Mar-14 21:22:26

I bought mine on Crave Maternity, it has now gone but Seraphine or Isabelle would be your best bet.

I would get something like a navy wrap style and then get a pashmina (I had a blush pink pashmina and accessories)

You will get lots of wear out of the dress - meals out etc. I also wore mine for the newborn baby shoot.

PenguinsEatSpinach Thu 13-Mar-14 21:34:37

I would go for something as plain as you can. That way, you can alter it with jewellery and accessories. It can get boring wearing the same thing time and time again.

Depending on your budget, something like www.picchumaternity.com/shop-by-occasion/maternity-dresses-1/maternity-shift-dress.html might be good.

I would be reasonably careful about maternity wrap dresses. I am tall too and found Isabella Oliver, etc were far too short ,and because of the wrap style they gaped.

cathpip Thu 13-Mar-14 21:40:43

Tiffany rose, I had one of their maxi dresses and even in 3 inch wedges it touched the floor, I'm 5ft 5in.

MaxsMummy2012 Thu 13-Mar-14 21:42:33

Try ASOS, I got a maternity dress from there for a wedding a couple of years back (an empire line style that would work throughout my pregnancy and various sizes).

FrumiousBandersnatch Thu 13-Mar-14 21:43:30

I'm 6' and went to several weddings throughout my pregnancy, without once buying a 'maternity' dress. The key is to spot suitable shapes in normal shops. I had the same tunic dress in two colours from Jaeger for the winter and last year's freezing cold 'spring', and a pleated jersey maxi dress from John Lewis for the summer, which had plenty of room for my bump.

Cupcake11 Thu 13-Mar-14 21:50:44

I've got a wedding that I might be going to at 40 weeks and I've bought a Butter by Nadia dress - it's the one that can be worn in tonnes of different ways depending on how you tie it up so you would feel like you were wearing a different dress every time.
They're expensive to buy new but I picked mine up on eBay and one size fits all! grin

squizita Thu 13-Mar-14 22:22:45

I have a wedding and a prom (as chaperone!) to attend. I've been looking at Rockabye Rosie at Debenhams (online).

Lozmatoz Fri 14-Mar-14 13:29:56

Thanks everyone! Very helpful! Have asked a recently pregnant tall friend if she has anything I can borrow. Luckily she went on a cruise while preggers so has a few things I can borrow.

DomesticGoddess31 Fri 14-Mar-14 18:27:53

I bought a non maternity maxi dress from next that I wore to a wedding at about 6mths. Felt v glam and comfy and had loads of compliments. It cost me about £25!

minimuffy Sat 15-Mar-14 08:09:43

Might sound naff but quiz do great maxi dresses, I had two when 8months pregnant. And for the other three weddings I just bought different dresses, not specific maternity dresses. Try tk max for dresses too x

Kels13 Sat 15-Mar-14 08:10:48

Next have some lovely maternity maxis

Jakeyblueblue Sat 15-Mar-14 10:40:40

I've got 3 to go to before I'm due and I've been looking on eBay at 2nd hand ones. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but a decent maternity dress will set you back 30 quid at least, and I've got better things to spend my money on than three dresses I will only wear once.
The ones I have bought, arrived in immaculate condition, had only been worn once by the seller and set me back £5.50! win win all round smile

JustMarriedBecca Sat 15-Mar-14 11:20:24

What about a two birds wrap style maternity dress? You can buy at BHS cheaper but you wrap them differently (so you don't feel like its the same dress and you can wear afterwards)

http://twobirdsbridesmaid.co.uk/
http://www.bhs.co.uk/en/bhuk/category/wedding-1020484/twist-wrap-dress-1021531

Branleuse Sat 15-Mar-14 11:32:28

maybe you coukd find something not maternity, but suitable from somewhere likehttp://www.everything5pounds.com

not used them personally so cant vouch for them but saw it on a friends fb page

mlbear Sat 15-Mar-14 18:50:46

Gosh so many occasions to dress up. It didn't occur to me to buy 'nice' clothes for pregnancy as I bought a new work wardrobe so just got a few tees for weekend, but I was pregnant over Xmas - so many Xmas nights out. I got a nice black formal fancyl dress from h&m & a decent pair of maternity tights from boots, (h&m maternity tights were awful clicked & ran after a couple of washes) & just wore different accessories & shoes.
I do regret that I look the same in all the photos.
If you buy something , I'd go for lots of colours & patterns then you could wear a different fascinator with each outfit thus looking different smile

squizita Sat 15-Mar-14 19:07:52

Bran I've used them- they're older stock of the high street, wash fine etc'.

They often get stretch jersey dresses, tunics and maxis in. I have 2 of the stretch 'midi' (as they call them) dresses and they've got a fair bit of stretch - if you order a size up it would probs work (indeed that is something I'm planning on doing!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now