Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

changing bags

(14 Posts)
aroha77 Thu 13-Mar-14 12:57:42

I'm looking for a pretty but not too pricey bag that'll last a while...any suggestions?
Thanks smile

HannahG315 Thu 13-Mar-14 13:34:39

Avoid Cath Kidson!- They're pretty but apparently fall to pieces.

Have you bought your pram yet? loads of deals with free bags

Xx

MissCalamity Thu 13-Mar-14 17:43:07

Have a look on EBay as well, plenty of pretty changing bags in between £10 and £30. grin

aroha77 Thu 13-Mar-14 23:20:22

Thanks! Got our pram second hand so no bag too, hadn't thought of ebay though!

K8eee Thu 13-Mar-14 23:21:16

aroha have you signed up to boots parenting club. you get a free changing bag when you buy pampers nappies grin

aroha77 Thu 13-Mar-14 23:40:28

Ooh I haven't...is it any good?

AnythingNotEverything Thu 13-Mar-14 23:52:17

Just get the free boots one for now, and see how you go. After a few months you may decide to use a normal bag and a changing mat wallet type thing, or you may want to invest in a Storksak or something fabulous.

K8eee Thu 13-Mar-14 23:52:39

I have no idea, have heard it's a bit smaller than some on the market, but if you're watching the pennies may be worth a look smile

SomethingOnce Fri 14-Mar-14 11:38:51

Good luck with getting the Boots one - leave plenty of time!

We applied eight weeks ago (supposed to take up to six) and still nothing. We chased it up and they said the application didn't arrive until later, despite our acknowledgment email being dated earlier. Apparently nothing they can do to speed it up, despite baby being due in a month.

Hopeless!

GingerMaman Fri 14-Mar-14 12:16:18

Boots have a black one called leatherette I think, it's got really good reviews. I think I'm going to get that one. However I have used the free boots one until now (9 months) but it clearly looks a bit manky/worn out, but it is so nice and light smile

beginnings Fri 14-Mar-14 12:23:36

Don't, whatever you do, get a Baba Bing. I got one when I had Dd1 and hated it. Just have a big tote bag now I have two.

Mutley77 Fri 14-Mar-14 12:38:41

Get a nice handbag - preferably a big one with a couple of zip pockets. All you need is a portable change mat with a pocket for nappies/wipes - something like this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/400665159900?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=107

Then you will need a spare outfit, muslin, possibly a dummy, and your own things.

If you need bottles etc, you can put them in a separate bag like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Baby-Polar-Gear-Little-Lunch/dp/B0034SYQD2/ref=sr_1_3?s=baby&ie=UTF8&qid=1394800647&sr=1-3

MummytoMog Fri 14-Mar-14 12:51:03

I love my petunia picklebottom bags, but they were tricky to get hold of (bought both on eBay second hand in the end). Hated my cath kidston one, could fit nothing in it and sold it before DC2 arrived.

Hellymummy Sat 15-Mar-14 07:56:50

I opted for the Boots freebie one and it's great. I joined the parent club online then few weeks later got my voucher, took it go my local boots, got a pack of nappies and the free bag!! Go for it x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now