Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How accurate of private gender scans?

(32 Posts)
LJHH Mon 10-Mar-14 11:37:42

So I was lucky enough to be bought a private scan by my friends (they were sick of me banging on about the nub theory i think smile )
I was supposed to go last weekend but sadly had to postpone until this weekend, the postponement was for reasons out of my control so, naturally I sulked all day saturday!

I will be 17 weeks + 1 when I go - in a way i guess its better that we waited another week as the baby will be that tiny bit bigger.

I was just wondering how accurate these things really are? Obviously the all singing all dancing website claims to be over 99% accurate but they would say this?!
I'm so looking forward to finding out but will be devastated if they say one thing and the 20 week scan says another! (not that i have a preference but for the simple reason that we need to start buying things)
I have convinced myself its a boy so I will be completely shocked if it�s a girl!!

Has anyone had one of these and has any feedback?

Thanks smile x

Forago Wed 12-Mar-14 10:39:43

yes I know that - they could clearly tell which way at 11 weeks in all 3 cases

alita7 Wed 12-Mar-14 11:24:27

That Chinese thing says it's a girl, I'm only 5+ 6 so well see.... will see what the nub looks like!
What if you're having fraternal twins then it couldn't be accurate!

grobagsforever Wed 12-Mar-14 13:38:44

At 13+ 5 I was told definitely a boy. At 20 weeks we were told girl! Am 23 weeks now. Some friends were told boy at 12 week nhs, girl at 16 week private and boy at 20 weeks nhs! Mistakes happen!

Boogles91 Wed 12-Mar-14 22:56:09

Our 20wk scan showed us pretty well as he just stuck it out there on the screen...along with a few bum flashes! X

LJHH Sat 15-Mar-14 12:42:54

I was right! We're team blue smile
He was hiding at first, I had to go for a walk, down a bottle of lucozade and a Mars bar and do some star jumps! But then she found his little bits! SO HAPPY!!!!!

WeeClype Sat 15-Mar-14 17:15:13

Congratulations smile

whyyougottabe Sat 15-Mar-14 19:11:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now