Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Completely confused on how many weeks I am

(5 Posts)
JoinTheDots Sun 09-Mar-14 12:42:48

Get yourself booked in with your GP and your midwife, they will be able to let you know an estimated date. Then, you get yourself a 12 week (ish) scan, and they will do a dating based on size giving you a much better indication of your due date.

As MumOf3xx said, some pains are not unusual - it is impossible to say what they are about (could be implantation pains, or just things stretching) but as my rather pragmatic midwife said when I sadly had a miscarriage, there is nothing you can do about it, so try not to worry.

Mumof3xx Sun 09-Mar-14 12:42:27

I can't really offer much advice on your dates but once you see your midwife she should get you booked in for a scan

With my last pregnancy my midwife dated me 4 weeks earlier than I actually was, until you have your scan it can sometimes be a bit hit And miss

oracle0711 Sun 09-Mar-14 12:39:02

Thanks for the reassurance

Mumof3xx Sun 09-Mar-14 12:37:29

Some cramps Are normal it's just things stretching and changing

If your in a lot of pain though please seek medical help

oracle0711 Sun 09-Mar-14 12:34:40

Hi all, I got my BFP yesterday (well three as I needed to check a couple of times).
Anyway I came off the pill in June last year and haven't had a regular period since, they tend to be spaced far apart (I've only had 4 since June). My last period started on 11 Jan. The calculators say I'm between 5-8 weeks pregnant depending on what I set my cycle to. I'm so concerned about not knowing when I'm due or if everythings ok.
I'm also getting a lot of cramps, like period pains but not as bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now