Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I in labour?

(14 Posts)
TheBakeryQueen Tue 11-Mar-14 08:40:35

Hope everything turned out ok.

Mumof3xx Sun 09-Mar-14 09:46:56

Good luck op

Vicgas Sun 09-Mar-14 09:29:20

Thanks everyone smile

IPokedABadgerWithASpoon Sun 09-Mar-14 09:20:43

OK, then I agree with everyone else - go in, say you are concerned and want checking over, be polite but assertive and explain you are a bit worried.
Hope it all goes well for you, keep us updated?

Vicgas Sun 09-Mar-14 09:08:03

I have reduced movements I can't feel them with out holding my belly or watching for them, that's the reason for being induced on Tuesday x

TheBakeryQueen Sun 09-Mar-14 09:05:54

Go in as soon as possible. Say you are worried that you have been leaking water & get them to check the baby is ok.

Definitely be assertive, but polite.

What are baby's movements like?

Mumof3xx Sun 09-Mar-14 09:02:41

If you are concerned I would go in

It's the midwives job to check you and baby are ok

Vicgas Sun 09-Mar-14 08:59:59

On Monday yeah they said I have a lot of watery discharge so that's why I don't want to phone now cos I feel like they will say the same. X

Mumof3xx Sun 09-Mar-14 08:58:06

Did they check your waters were not leaking?

Vicgas Sun 09-Mar-14 08:57:58

Also I have a growth scan at 37 weeks cos baby big and the doctor said there wasn't a lot of water so I don't know what to expect :/ and I had my waters broke with my first and it was nice and easy now I feel lost xx

Vicgas Sun 09-Mar-14 08:55:55

39 weeks on Wednesday, with a boy.
I haven't slept properly all week due to pain last night I was up most of it :/ and the bath thing I don't feel comfy in it cos I squashed now :/ I ran a shower but doesn't seem to do the job either.. Really fed up

Lozmatoz Sun 09-Mar-14 08:55:10

You know you don't have to listen to midwives. It is perfectly acceptable to go to hospital and insist your staying. Or least get them to check you properly. Make sure your other half is on the same page as you and get your assertive heads on!

I had my waters broken quite late in labour, so nit sure exactly what it's like. But I'm told its either a gush or pretty constant leaking that needs more than a sanitary towel.

Good luck

IPokedABadgerWithASpoon Sun 09-Mar-14 08:49:46

How many weeks pregnant are you? Its possible but it sounds like ATM, its "a wait and see" situation, give it a few hours to see if things ramp up or tail off
Can you sleep/lie down? If it is labour, you'll need energy so try and rest now, even if its just lying on the sofas with a film. Can you get a bath, might help with pain? Or some food?
Good luck, do you know what you're having?

Vicgas Sun 09-Mar-14 08:42:21

Last Sunday I was having contraction every 5 minutes lasting 1-2 minutes but they slowed down and wasn't coming enough for the hospital to keep me in.. Been having pains all week but nothing to make me get out of bed or anything last night I started with strong period type pains which don't go away I feel like I have been leaking like I'm wet all the time and I'm going to the bathroom a lot to wipe and make me feel cleaner :/ I keep getting the odd back pain but that's it. I lost my plug over a week ago but more has come out last night/ this morning... :/ what do I do? I keep getting fobbed of at the hospital cos I thought I was leaking on Monday but she said I just have a lot of watery discharge and sent me on my way :/ due to be induced on Tuesday... HELP anyone really confused and starting to feel stressed cos its been a really slow labour

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now