Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Explaining morning sickness

(4 Posts)
WinterLover Sun 09-Mar-14 08:21:29

how do you explain morning sickness without letting on your pregnant?

My step daughter is 8 and doesn't miss a tick. Ive been hugging the toilet on and off since last night. Told her it must be a bug, but that won't work next weekend.

Any ideas? Dont want to tell her until we've had the scan

MrsMonkeyBear Sun 09-Mar-14 08:36:36

Don't have this issue but you could always tell her that you went to the doctor and they said you have acid reflux and it's making you sick. Say that you have been put on tablets to make you better but they take a while to work. I'm sure she is worried about you.

Hope you feel better soon.
Xx

squizita Sun 09-Mar-14 09:48:08

I told people at work it was painkillers for my back that "don't go" with certain foods. Of course it helps I have a bad back sometimes.

Jakeyblueblue Sun 09-Mar-14 22:43:48

I think it depends on how bad it gets. My morning sickness with number 2 has been so bad (HG) I've been signed off work, admitted to hospital and on meds. People were starting to worry that I was really ill and I felt the lying was getting out of hand so I've felt I had to tell everyone.
At one point I had to go stay with my mum for a couple of weeks as was so unwell and struggling to look after my two year old. People were beginning to think me and my husband had split up and all sorts so I just came clean.
See how you go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now