Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hyperemesis, The Sequel?

(5 Posts)
JustDanni Sat 08-Mar-14 20:07:04

So for the first 15 weeks I have suffered serious hyperemesis and been admitted for fluid 3 times, (all of which were a fight to get me there as I am terrified of needles)
For two weeks, I was feeling fine. But the past 3 days i have been throwing up, the same time every day, like clockwork regardless of what I eat. I'm currently on Cyclazine but as of tomorrow I will be all out of pills.
I am terrified of how bad this might get without medication to keep it under control.
At the end of my tether here sad

MrsMonkeyBear Sat 08-Mar-14 20:14:44

I'd go back to GP/midwife/hospital ASAP. In the mean time, get some rehydration sachets n sip slowly or turn into ice lollies. I, touch wood, have not thrown up yet, but I have a phobia of vomit n would be a wreck in your shoes.

Big hugs and I hope you feel better soon.

Xx

scrufhead Sat 08-Mar-14 22:47:44

ive been on the same medication plus two others and non are working!! the sickness is getting quite bad (blood in sick due to frequency/acid) but havent been admitted once!! apparently my body isn't 'shutting down yet'. i feel your pain!!

PterodactylTeaParty Sat 08-Mar-14 23:33:51

Yes, go back to the GP/hospital and ask for something else. Cyclizine did the same with me - worked brilliantly to start with, but after a few weeks the effect started wearing off. Doesn't mean another medication won't work. (Same thing happened with Stemetil and Metoclopramide, but at least they worked for a while, and then a combination of ondansetron and cyclizine worked and kept working.)

JustDanni Sun 09-Mar-14 07:21:28

I was on Ondansatron but had to be taken off of it due to it causing severe constipation and I started bringing up dark green bile and blood.
So Cyclazine seems to be all they have left.
All the others stopped working after a week or so.
Feel like I'm loosing my mind, at home morw often than at work these days.sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now