Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Areola changes in 1st trimester

(9 Posts)
inmybelly Sat 08-Mar-14 18:40:50

Interested to know what your experience has been. I'm a redhead and very fair skinned. My areola are pink/invisible normally. But since becoming pregnant my areola range from dark red to purple to an odd shade of fake tan orange! Nipples are also double the size.

Im 6w4d and although my nipples have been erect from the beginning, the pigment change has really kicked in over the last few days.

squizita Sat 08-Mar-14 19:20:15

Mine aren't always erect - but they had a huge range of colours like those you describe, and now (early 2nd trimester) I'm getting the oils/residues coming from the nipples too (just a bit).

inmybelly Sat 08-Mar-14 19:28:06

It's amazing that all these changes just happen automatically. Like our boobs have just been sat waiting (33years in my case... Or 20 years since puberty I guess) for this opportunity to get down to work!

Mine looked like two bruises attached to my boobs the other day. Today they are looking normal but massive. It's quite weird.

Boogles91 Sat 08-Mar-14 21:05:40

Mine are very dark now and im 21wks, but they didnt really change colour until i was about 12 wks. They have gotten bigger in size but are really dark, looks weird as i av fair skin, but the size doesnt look weird as i was already large chested x

inmybelly Sat 08-Mar-14 21:10:30

Oh yeah! That's the other change, the areola is also much bigger. Or at least it appears that way as I could never really see them before

chattychattyboomba Sat 08-Mar-14 21:15:43

Hehe, I remember when mine changed with DD1 I was completely aghast! Just wait until you start breast feeding. I swear they were the size of DD's head the areola! Also got weird freckley pigmentation. I'm like you OP. Fair skin, reddish hair. Second time though the change hasn't been as dramatic. Must say though, don't neglect your boobies with the bio oil! I got horrific stretch marks on the boobage and nowhere else!

inmybelly Sat 08-Mar-14 21:19:09

Cheers Chatty, I swear my boobs have gone up another size in the last 12 hours!! They're tingling like mad at the moment. Haven't bought bio oil yet, so will rub some cocoa butter in right now!!!

Lvcat Sun 09-Mar-14 19:40:31

I went from being captain of the itty bitty titty committee to a 36D in my first trimester! So I wasn't shocked that my nipples grew too but they went from being pale pink (I'm fair like OP) to being brown/purple and now I'm in my third trimester, they're like a strange terracotta colour. I'm so glad everyone else had colour change. I was very paranoid about it to begin with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now