Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can't walk due to pain in lower abdomen?? Help

(6 Posts)
HeavenK76 Sat 08-Mar-14 17:27:39

hi

I'm 19 weeks now and since 3 days I'm not able to walk, I feel pain in my lower abdomen (left and right) which is not there when I sit/rest. But as soon as I stand up and walk, the pain starts. I feel like I need to hold my tummy up a bit to ease the pain a little. I think it's ligament pain, but can this get that bad that you're not able to walk due to it??
And if so, what can be done about it. sad
I am making an appointment with the gp on monday tho.

Trooperslane Sat 08-Mar-14 17:33:21

Sounds like ligament pain or SPD.

Both are rotten hmm.

Doc should refer you to Physio who will give you stretches to do and fit a belt if necessary.

I had it from 14 weeks and it was miserable.

Take care op thanks

hartmel Sat 08-Mar-14 17:40:42

Sounds like ligament pain.. I had in 18/19 weeks. It was so bad that I had to go on sick leave. But after one or two weeks it got better. Once in a while it came back..
What helped me was wearing a pregnancy support belt.

HeavenK76 Sat 08-Mar-14 17:45:52

I do have SPD but this is new. I did get a belt last pg from the physio, can't find it anywhere, need to get a new one.
Any good belt recommended for spd/ligaments?
Thanks Troopers

Trooperslane Sun 09-Mar-14 15:02:48

I got one from the physio - you can self refer where I am.

Lozmatoz Mon 10-Mar-14 15:06:06

Sounds like pelvic girdle pain. I had it. Go to your GP and to be referred to a physio, they will be able to give you a special belt. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now