Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

16 week checkup

(8 Posts)
Mmolly2013 Sat 08-Mar-14 10:48:30

Accidentally missed my 16 week checkup although it's only with the doctor. Is it just blood pressure and bloods they take as its not even with a midwife.

SweetPea86 Sat 08-Mar-14 13:57:05

I wouldn't worry Hun I didn't have a 16 week check up because the silly mere in my doctors reception told me I didn't have a midwife app until after my 20 weeks scan so I had an 8 week booking app then didn't get seen until 23 weeks because they kept cancelling my appointments.

Lots of women don't know there pregnant until further on so don't have any medical check ups.

Give your midwife or GP a ring and make a new app smile

tyra78 Sat 08-Mar-14 14:46:24

I had a 16 weeks midwife appointment and she just took my blood pressure and listened to the baby's heartbeat which was nice

Plateofcrumbs Sat 08-Mar-14 17:32:54

Blood pressure, dipstick test for glucose levels in pee. GP did it, I was in and out in about 3 mins flat. If you're at all worried you could do it any time really.

GingerScouse Sat 08-Mar-14 17:46:58

Mine was to talk through my blood results, book in for my anti-d (I'm O neg), blood pressure, urine test and listen to heartbeat. She also checked whether I was booked in for my anomaly scan.

I'd still book one if you missed it, especially if you're a negative blood type as they have to book in for your 28 week injection.

Mmolly2013 Sat 08-Mar-14 18:37:33

Ive no issues and my blood is the generic type. might make a new app but just feel its pointless really as its just with a doctor who will do the bloods and blood pressure and my 20 week scan in only few more weeks away.

Plateofcrumbs Sat 08-Mar-14 22:17:49

If my experience is anything to go by 20 week scan will be just that -a scan - it won't repeat 16 week tests.

PenguinsEatSpinach Sat 08-Mar-14 22:22:38

At my 20 week scans they didn't do urine or blood pressure. Only did bloods this time as they now send you to phlebotomy for those and don't do them earlier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now