Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Piles :) :(

(16 Posts)
greentshirt Mon 10-Mar-14 09:00:51

Thanks, might get some today then, im going to ask the dr for some proper cream too, the over counter ones arent really helping much. Im not at risk of premature labour but nearly 36 weeks and baby already 6lbs apparently so im not overly concerned, midwife has suggested that if I go to 40 weeks he will be born in a school uniform anyway lol

LavenderFox Mon 10-Mar-14 08:27:31

They are perfectly safe and yes they are soft as well. If you have piles slobber on a good helping of Anusol firstin that area (because the poo will happen and you want to be as numb and comfirtabke as possible), then lubricate the suppository either with KY Jelly or run it under the warm tap to make it nice and slippery. The push as far as you can into your backside and hopefully in about 10 minutes you will have an easy poo lubricated by the half-melted suppository. If you use them first time ever don't wander too far off the toilet in case a few more motions follow....

Suppositories or laxatives of any kind are not recommended for women who are definitely at risk of going into premature labour, because a big powerful motion can trigger contractions. There isn't any chemicals in them to make that happen, it is just the action of evacuating your bowels. But if they really put women into labour just like that we'd use them as a form of induction instead of expensive synthetic drugs.....

greentshirt Sun 09-Mar-14 18:33:18

Dare I ask a bit more detail about the glycerin suppositories? are they soft? I dont dare really mess about down there at the moment!

Lvcat Sun 09-Mar-14 18:18:17

Are all these things safe for the third trimester?
It's been 3 days and I'm fed up and in pain and confusedconfusedconfusedconfusedconfusedconfusedconfusedconfused

Just want to be able to relax properly. Hahah

cathpip Sun 09-Mar-14 08:53:11

Thank you soooo much, best get dressed before I go to the supermarket!!

Franchini Sun 09-Mar-14 04:03:01

prune juice. lactulose.

Boogles91 Sun 09-Mar-14 02:09:14

Ive had these for quite a few years lol and had to endure a cystscopy, i can tell u now it feels weird someone shoving a long pipe up ur arse for 45mins and waching it on a screen infront of you 0.0 they dont seem to annoymuch as ive got used to em lol x

Cariad007 Fri 07-Mar-14 23:24:32

I think they should be given out as standard by the midwives when you leave the hospital post-birth! I'm sure rates of post-partum piles would decrease.

MrsBonkers Fri 07-Mar-14 22:57:35

I second glycerin suppositories. Safe in pregnancy, can get from supermarket and work in less than half hour. What's not to like?!!!

Cariad007 Fri 07-Mar-14 22:47:38

Try glycerin suppositories. If you've not "been" for a few days then you need to treat the constipation from that end.

LavenderFox Fri 07-Mar-14 22:43:54

Movicol is another great laxative, it doesn't make you gassy like lactulose can do.

soozlewoozle Fri 07-Mar-14 21:47:25

And lidocaine for the pain...

soozlewoozle Fri 07-Mar-14 21:47:05

And lidocaine for the pain...

soozlewoozle Fri 07-Mar-14 21:46:13

Get lactulose!!! expert piles sufferer

flymo79 Fri 07-Mar-14 16:10:09

i swear by senna tablets - nice and cheap in the supermarket (own brand), gentle, and they work over night

cathpip Fri 07-Mar-14 14:41:01

Right I've had enough, I'm nearly 36 weeks and am soooooo constipated and have piles, oh deep joy! I have cream for the piles but is there anything I can take for the constipation? I am drinking lots of water, fruit and veg make me throw up unfortunately.........I just want to have a normal poo, regularly, and it not too hurt sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now