Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Has anyone experienced implantation bleeding??

(14 Posts)
bgt84 Fri 07-Mar-14 11:07:52

Hi
I'm not on any contraception and my last period started on the 8th jan, I usually have irregular periods any way so wasn't worried until on Tuesday I when I wiped after being to the toilet I had very light pink watery discharge so I thought I was away to start but nothing yet!, it lasted until yesterday very light and only when I wiped, I done a test last night and this morning both negative
Just wondering what everyone thinks could this be implantation bleeding and if it is how long after this to get a positive result?
Thanks

squizita Fri 07-Mar-14 11:20:30

Yes with this pregnancy it was as you described. Including the negative test while still spotting. Spotting/brown discharge faded and I took another test 3 days later: positive.

Which makes sense if you think it has to implant THEN the hormones start in earnest.

KinderBoris Fri 07-Mar-14 11:26:05

Ye

KinderBoris Fri 07-Mar-14 11:26:50

s, before I knew I was pregnant. I just thought I'd had particularly light periods for two months. confused

mrsmugoo Fri 07-Mar-14 11:43:31

Yep! Thought it was my period and didn't think anything of it... found out I was pregnant 2 months later!

OiMissus Fri 07-Mar-14 11:50:09

yes, had an uncommonly light period that lasted for about 5 days, found out I was pg shortly after. (He's now 2.)
good luck!

Lucky3878 Fri 07-Mar-14 11:50:45

I had some very light bleeding at 10dpo which only lasted a day and completely stopped the next day. BFP 3 days later

bgt84 Fri 07-Mar-14 14:01:52

Aww thanks everyone smile
Just need to wait and see now, think if I don't get a positive or period by Tuesday I will make dr appointment cause that's like 9 weeks now

Windywinston Sat 08-Mar-14 22:49:06

Yes in this pregnancy but not last time. My implantation bleed was like a normal AF but only lasted 2 days, tested positive a week later.

nyldn Sat 08-Mar-14 22:57:53

yes and tested positive 2 days after it fully stopped, good luck!

HugoTheHippo Sat 08-Mar-14 23:21:41

Yes, I had this. Got a positive about six days later.

Sunnysummer Sat 08-Mar-14 23:33:35

Yup, just that same way. I was grim about getting my period so treated myself to a long hot bath, a coffee and then a glass of wine, and felt like confused when the 'period' suddenly stopped the next day and shock when I got a BFP 5 days later. Fingers crossed for you...

bgt84 Mon 10-Mar-14 14:07:23

Just to update this is day 6 after what I thought was implantation, tested again today still bfn going to test again with morning urine tomorrow and if it's still negative think it will be a trip to the doctors cause that will be 9 weeks since my last af, the latest I have been is just over 7 weeks apart

ToriaPumpkin Mon 10-Mar-14 15:00:21

I've had it with both pregnancies, about 10dpo with a bfp at 13dpo each time, then spotting at six weeks both times as well!

Good luck OP!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now