Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I can't sleep...

(6 Posts)
Boogles91 Sun 09-Mar-14 01:51:20

Im laying here listnin to hubby waffle on in his sleep nd snore away -.- not amused as lil man is kicking away and my kidneys are hurting again >.< x

MissSlackPants84 Sat 08-Mar-14 21:09:13

Thanks ladies. Im going to try all of the above smile

mewkins Fri 07-Mar-14 13:22:36

I had this in my first pregnancy. Really aching hips tjat felt bruised and made sleeping uncomfortable. If you have aches and pains ask your midwife for a blood test as it is apparently a sign of anaemia. A course of iron tablets really helped.

beela Fri 07-Mar-14 12:58:27

It depends if you are awake because you are uncomfortable or awake because your mind is racing.

My tips are:
lots of pillows (between knees, behind back, I've just added an extra one under my head because my shoulders were getting sore)
chamomile tea
relaxation CD
...and if all else fails just lie there thinking about how you are getting some rest even if you aren't getting sleep - this usually stops me worrying about not being asleep and I drop off anyway.

Good luck.

CarCiKoTab Fri 07-Mar-14 09:49:52

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a547394/safe-ways-to-get-more-sleep-in-pregnancy

Try reading this, it may help.

MissSlackPants84 Fri 07-Mar-14 09:46:44

So im 20+6 weeks and I'm utterly exhausted. I've not had a decents nights sleep for about 8 weeks. The last week has been horrific! Managed a total of 6 hours sleep since Monday night sad

Its got to the point where its having an impact on my work.

Does anyone have any tips on getting a good nights sleep? My usual trick is to get hammered but obviously I can't do that lol!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now