Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Should I be worried or is it normal??

(10 Posts)
hartmel Fri 07-Mar-14 03:13:27

As above states. Should I be worried and see my doctor?
Since about a week my stomach and back and butt are so hot that my hubby made a joke that soon he could fry some eggs on my body. :-)
I feel feverish around that area too. Sometimes it hits my head too. Almost like I'm coming down with something or something is wrong with my baby.
I'm 7 weeks pregnant and in December I had my gallbladder removed.

At night it gets worse that I can't sleep because I'm so hot and feel feverish.. But I have no fever.

Should I be worried and see my doctor sooner than my initial appt in over a week??

Thanks in advance

MabelMay Fri 07-Mar-14 04:10:35

Hi hartmel - I don't have any experience of this I'm afraid but, to be on the safe side and to alleviate any concerns, I'd definitely see a doctor sooner if you can. I'm sure it's nothing that's harmful for the baby but it's not good for you to run fevers at this stage in your pregnancy.
Good luck!

jaykay987 Fri 07-Mar-14 06:23:18

Maybe get checked out. But I was/am the same. One of my first symptoms before my BFP was feeling really really hot to the touch and really flushed. The feverish feeling came and went.

I'm now 23w and although no longer feeling feverish - I am so hot to the touch - especially in midriff area, though interestingly feeling the cold really badly. So I think it's normal (for me - so maybe for you too).

bugoven Fri 07-Mar-14 07:03:25

Same as jaykay here. Now coning up for 14 weeks and all is fine but in early pregnancy my OH was commenting on how warm I was. May be due to increased blood flow to that area and nothing to worry about but no harm in getting it checked out by a doc/nurse/midwife.

hartmel Fri 07-Mar-14 21:12:13

Just came home from the doctor and she ruled it to pregnancy anxiety. And good blood flow.
I'm 7+2 weeks and she looked at my chart from my last pregnancy and noticed that this one is different and said "looks like you might be pregnant with a girl this time" well I don't believe her. But my mother instinct is telling me it is a girl. Will see if we are right on my 20 week scan..

Oh and she didn't even wanted to do an early scan because there is no reason for it.

HelenHen Fri 07-Mar-14 22:09:36

Lol she can tell the sex that easily?

Out of interest, I have gallstones and will probably have the surgery after I have baby! Have they said it will effect your pregnancy and can you eat normal again now? I miss cheese sad

hartmel Fri 07-Mar-14 23:19:24

HelenHen- I don't know how intense yours are but I from week 28 a lot of gallbladder attacks. I could barely eat anything. I was so often in the hospital I couldn't even enjoy the pregnancy.
The doctor said that they will wait until baby is born and wait 6 weeks (your normal recovery weeks) and if I still get attacks then they will do surgery. As it is pretty common that your gallbladder will act up while pregnant.
Well after the 6 weeks I didn't get the attacks but the first week in December it was so bad I cried from the attacks.
They did bloodtest and found out that it was so bad already I was close to having jaundice.
They did an emergency surgery and when I recovered from the surgery the surgeon said that the gallbladder was already ripped from all the attacks I had..

3 month later I'm pregnant with DC2 and I can eat everything. I was never a fan of cheese but I can eat fast food what I couldn't before..

Sorry it got this long and I hope you can enjoy your pregnacy and don't have these extreme painful attacks

hartmel Fri 07-Mar-14 23:20:18

Well because my first was a boy and this pregnacy is totally different from the first one that is why she said that.

HelenHen Sat 08-Mar-14 08:35:45

As thanks hartmel, sounds horrific. For me, the first few months of pregnancy I was having a few attacks a week and ended up in a&e, just the once though. I've cut out most fat now and I've had no problems the past few months but I'm just waiting

JustDanni Sat 08-Mar-14 19:58:46

I did have night sweats in the first few weeks but if you are constantly feverish then I would see your gp.
Best not worry yourself any further and just get it over with.
It could be nothing, but better safe than sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now