Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Breastfeeding box of toys ideas

(8 Posts)
Misty9 Thu 06-Mar-14 20:47:22

I've just realised I need to sort this out BEFORE dd is born, so am looking for suggestions for what to put in a box of things ds (2.6yo) only gets access to when I'm bf his sister.

Any ideas/experience of this?

TarkaTheOtter Thu 06-Mar-14 20:49:46

Tv remote? <only half joking>

SweetPeaPods Thu 06-Mar-14 20:55:58

A jigsaw or book. Play doh?
You want quiet toys really. Remember they might be actively in an activity though and want to carry on with it while you bf.

DeathMetalMum Thu 06-Mar-14 20:56:20

I was supposed to try this idea out but didn't get round to it before hand and by the time I had time was no point. I did think about it a lot though. Oh and a dvd.

I would have included stickers, a litle torch or pen light, cbeebies mag or similar with free toy - dd can spend hours with some of them, a little snack of some sort.

At one of our toddler groups we play a 'whats in the bag' game/song. With teddys/objects which resembles nursery rhymes inside and we sing the whats in the bag song, then choose a item sing its song and repeat. I have also done this whilst feeding but with imaginary bag and animals.

chicaguapa Thu 06-Mar-14 20:56:35

I know this isn't what you're looking for, but I used to sit with DD and read a book with her while I was feeding DS. I found it easier to occupy her when she was with me.

Misty9 Thu 06-Mar-14 21:09:25

If only the tv occupied him for longer than 2mins... He is getting back into his peppa DVDs though <hopeful>

He follows me around now, bringing toys to the sofa as I become more whale like immobile, so it's likely he'll be right next to me for bf! Perfectly happy to read books with him, he just won't let me at the moment.. He likes fiddly things...?

beachesandbuckets Thu 06-Mar-14 21:24:48

breastfeeding twins with a DD(3) and DS(5). Reading, singing, talking works whilst feeding, but mainly TV I am afraid. But doesn't have to be a bad thing, we talk about things we see on programmes, can turn it to radio for a mini disco. Would not want DD to have access to stickers whilst I am feeding, they would be on the walls/sofa etc. Won't last forever

KatharineClover Thu 06-Mar-14 23:31:09

DS was given one of these for a present and I can recommend (also good for popping in your bag to occupy little one when waiting in a restaurant etc) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Galt-America-A3079H-Water-Animals/dp/B000UFEGUK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1394148321&sr=8-3&keywords=Water+colouring+book

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now