Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

horrible taste in my mouth

(10 Posts)
lighteningmcmama Thu 06-Mar-14 13:53:18

I permanently have a nasty taste in my mouth. It's not the metallic taste that is common and that I had with dc1. I'm quite congested and without being tmi it's the err congestion I can taste.

Anyone else had this? There's only so many mints I can eat and anyway they don't really help.

oohdaddypig Thu 06-Mar-14 13:57:11

I had this in second pregnancy too.

It's horrible! It did get better as time went on. I used to keep a bottle of listerine in my bag smile

oohdaddypig Thu 06-Mar-14 13:57:47

Oh - I've just remembered - gargling with bicarbonate of soda really helped too.

mixi82 Thu 06-Mar-14 14:57:35

I tried the bicarbonate soda toothpaste. I use it when I'm at home but before I go out I put a pea size amount on my finger and rub it over the back of my tongue, then spit. Don't rinse! It works a treat smile

lighteningmcmama Thu 06-Mar-14 16:43:52

Interesting! Does the bicarbonate of soda taste really nasty though?

Hevava Thu 06-Mar-14 17:22:15

I feel your pain, it's horrible and no amount of mints or gum seem to work!

I've had something similar over the last few weeks along with a gross yellow coloured tongue. Turns out my tongue just needed a good scrub and because toothbrushing was making me gag it wasn't happening!

soaccidentprone Thu 06-Mar-14 17:24:14

Could it be heartburn?

Boogles91 Thu 06-Mar-14 19:07:33

U sure ots not just a build up of kitar? I had this and its disgusting >.< x

lighteningmcmama Thu 06-Mar-14 19:26:05

Yes I would say it's cattarhh although I can feel the mucus through my whole nasal passage as well as my throat. V gross

I don't think it's heartburn.

Will try a good tongue scrub today and tomorrow and see if that helps

Thanks all

Pinkandwhite Thu 06-Mar-14 23:36:09

I have this. I thought I was the only one! I have to brush my teeth several times a day. I think I'll try bicarbonate of soda based on the recommendation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now