Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Worried

(18 Posts)
flowerygirl Wed 05-Mar-14 21:58:45

I found out I'm pregnant with my second two weeks ago. Sorry TMI but at about 5 wks, I went to the loo in the morning and there was a bit of pale brown discharge when I wiped. I've had a bit of brown discharge a couple of times since. I'm worried I've miscarried. I've had mild cramps a couple of times too, but I think I've only noticed them because I'm paranoid.

Because I'm currently living somewhere temporarily I don't have a GP so I haven't had a doctor's confirmation that I'm pregnant (despite doing 5 different pregnancy tests of different brands, all saying positive)I feel like the pregnancy doesn't seem real. I was thinking about calling my local midwives unit but as it's so early on, there is not really anything they can do either way so I've put it off. But I keep worrying.

Has anyone had pale brown/peach discharge during early stages of pregnancy?

ziggletttwiglett Wed 05-Mar-14 22:33:12

I haven't had the same but the doctors don't tend to "confirm" a pregnancy anyway.

The best thing to do would be to call your local midwives and ask for some advice.

There are plenty of people who have had brown bleeding or spotting and everything has been fine but I know what you mean about the worry once it starts it just doesn't stop!

Good luck.

Monkeybrain10 Wed 05-Mar-14 22:45:35

Don't panic just yet. It may be an implantation bleed. I had pale pink discharge and cramps for a few days in those early weeks and now I've reached 24 weeks and have a friend who had pink and brown discharge early on and she's at about 14 weeks now so implantation bleeds do happen! If u end up with what is more like a heavy period with bright red blood (at 5 wks) then that may be a miscarriage. So hang on in there, hopefully it is nothing to worry about but i agree. Speak to a midwife to get some reassurance. And also, when i went to the Dr cause i was pregnant he just said congratulations and told me positive tests are never wrong! Hope u get on ok.

alita7 Wed 05-Mar-14 22:50:51

I've heard brown spotting is OK but actual bleeding isn't. Where I live there's a walk in clinic, is there one near you?

ItsSpringBaby Wed 05-Mar-14 23:04:34

I've experienced similar.

I had brown discharge (like old blood) through the first 12 weeks or so of my first pregnancy. I had two early scans and swabs. No cause was ever found. I also had quite a bit of cramping/aching in the early weeks, but ended up with a very healthy baby who arrived at 40 weeks.

With this pregnancy (4th) I had a few appearances of a peachy/orange discharge around 5-7 weeks once again accompanied by spells of aching and cramping sensations. Again no cause was found and I'm due in early May.

You can contact the midwives/your local hospital's Early Pregnancy Unit and they will arrange a scan if they're worried. Having had a fair few early scans though, there often isn't anything to see at this stage and they seem to have more of a watch and wait policy - unless you are having other symptoms such as severe one-sided pain.

In short, it's not necessarily bad news!

Boogles91 Wed 05-Mar-14 23:34:22

I had this, then i had a feeling i just couldnt shake off, then i lost our first :/ but i was 9 weeks at this point. i dont mean to scare you but sometimes with the way you feel and the instincts u just know. This. Time round, i feel completely different had really strong hormones the lot xx

flowerygirl Thu 06-Mar-14 11:46:34

Thanks everyone. I called the local midwives and they've booked me a scan at 2pm today. So fingers crossed for good news. Dreading it now

DGLLB Thu 06-Mar-14 12:29:43

I had brown spotting with my first at 6 weeks she's now a happy healthy 4 year old

Fingers crossed for you flowery

squizita Thu 06-Mar-14 13:11:05

I had a short, pale pink/brown bleed at week 5. Tapered off and now fine (scans all OK). FX it's the same.

Armadale Thu 06-Mar-14 13:13:39

Hope all goes well at the scan x

ruthsmumkath Thu 06-Mar-14 13:14:47

FC - I had light spotting for 3 weeks which gradually got heavier and found out mmc at 11 weeks.

Had spotting and big bleed with current pregnancy and all fine.

Can be nothing but needs checking.

Good luck
Kath

lighteningmcmama Thu 06-Mar-14 13:20:07

Hope it goes ok.

Fwiw you can register temporarily in a gp practice if you need to, there is a form you full out which a practice can give you that allows you to use their practice for 3 months. So please don't feel that you can't access Dr support if you need it smile

flowerygirl Thu 06-Mar-14 16:47:56

Oh my goodness, scan was all fine, in fact MORE than fine! They revealed I am expecting twins!!!!! Jesus. I am speechless.

ithoughtofitfirst Thu 06-Mar-14 16:52:15

Just caught this thread. Oh my god congratulations!!!! That's so awesome!

Armadale Thu 06-Mar-14 16:55:46

Oh that is so wonderful. Double congratulations!! smile

DGLLB Thu 06-Mar-14 17:23:55

Wow congratulations! smile

flowerygirl Fri 07-Mar-14 10:29:37

Thanks so much for the congrats! Totally overwhelmed with the news to be honest! I'll have thee children under 18 months in October!!!! Give me strength! Also was told they'll be identical! Sorry about all the exclamation marks! Luckily when I broke the news to my husband last night he was over the moon!

alita7 Fri 07-Mar-14 10:52:49

Wow that's amazing news what a switch in emotions I bet! Currently sat in docs waiting to ask for a 5/6 week scan as I've had some one sided pain, probably wind or an existing problem as I've had similar before pregnant but want to be sure. Fingers crossed I get a good outcome like you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now