Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Swelling. When did you start to swell?

(15 Posts)
callamia Sun 09-Mar-14 08:28:36

For those that haven't swelled yet - I only did after giving birth. I managed a boiling hot summer with no swelling, and two days after I have birth I found myself in compression stockings with swollen feet and ankles. It lasted about a week, and there was no raised BP.

Martorana Sun 09-Mar-14 08:25:52

I don't want to worry anyone- but do please get any swelling of feet and ankles and hands and pqrticularly the face checked out. Yes it's usually just a normal pregnancy symptom- but it can be a sign of something more serious. If you also get a headache or any sort of visual disturbance with it go straight to your OOH or even A&E. It will in all probability be nothing- but it can be the beginning of pre eclampsia. Please don't ignore it.....

SweetPea86 Sun 09-Mar-14 08:22:10

Last week at 34 weeks. Cankles are my new look

Moxiechick Sun 09-Mar-14 08:19:41

Around 30 weeks, it was last summer and my sandals left cut marks in my feet! All I could wear were those foam beach flip flops in the largest size available and even they left marks!
Check it out though as I had pre-eclampsia and also developed HELLP syndrome x

Peacenquiet2 Sat 08-Mar-14 22:30:23

Im 39+1 and had no swelling at all. Didnt with my previous dcs either. I know alot of women do swell but it doesnt inevitably happen.

HelenHen Sat 08-Mar-14 22:16:24

I'm 34 weeks and my foot swelled on Thursday! I've rested it loads and it's still swollen. We'll it doesn't look it but it's got that horrible swollen feeling sad

Flickstar Sat 08-Mar-14 21:37:36

Today! 25+3 sad I swear it was much later last time

JustDanni Sat 08-Mar-14 20:44:37

I wear DH's thick sports socks to work. Extra padding and comfort if I'm on my feet all day grin

Boogles91 Thu 06-Mar-14 00:19:20

Theres nothing wrong with mans sox smile i never have womens one i just dont see the point lol a sock is a sock or pair of em, shouldnt realy be a fashion thing as you dont see them! Loool mind you i needed em doin the job i used to do xx

Writerwannabe83 Wed 05-Mar-14 21:07:42

At about 34 weeks. My feet look a little chubby and my engagement/wedding rings no longer fit smile

beela Wed 05-Mar-14 20:53:15

I'm 33 weeks and started to swell about a fortnight ago. Last time I was much earlier but it was a summer pregnancy - so for the first time in my life I am feeling thankful that the weather is still cool!

SweetPea86 Wed 05-Mar-14 20:32:51

I have to say I've been lucky, I'm 34 weeks and started to swell yesterday. Sat with my trotters up as we speak. My fingers swelled a few times but thought I'd got away with my feet and ankles.

They now massively swelled yet just a little still awful looking down and big piggy feet, I'm not the slimest of people either size 14 to 16 so I just feel fab....not

Monkeybrain10 Wed 05-Mar-14 19:21:53

I was a size 8 b4 pg but i've had to buy extra large leggings and footless tights because of swollen ankles. Think i might start stealing the bf's big socks too! I think my swollen ankles started about the same time as yours Danni!

Mummytobe2014 Wed 05-Mar-14 18:34:56

I think mine was instant and sadly its got worse im now 39+2 and have given up with socks because i cant get them on but also they leave huge craters in my skin. Even without socks my ankles look creased iv never seen such swollen feet and ankles. My legs feel tight too. Mw said she wasmt concerned as there is no pain and blood presure etc is good. Mine is just water retention my mum was the same, she said after i was born she spent most of her time weeing lol

JustDanni Wed 05-Mar-14 18:30:01

2 days short of 17 weeks.

My feet and ankles have been swelling already.
my socks seem to leave marks on my ankles as if they are becoming tight.
Water retention maybe??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now