Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

calming, relaxing, distracting music ideas for labour?

(10 Posts)
CbeebiesIsMyLife Tue 04-Mar-14 21:30:01

I'm 30 weeks with number 3, first labour was fine. 2nd labour was scary. I'm not going to go into details but I'm terrified of having this baby. i'm hoping to be induced, see the consultant next week to discuss this as well as other issues.

I know I need to feel relaxed and calm and was thinking I might take some music into hospital with me.

Anyone have any ideas of calming, relaxing distracting music to play.

HelenHen Wed 05-Mar-14 08:24:23

Im sure there's specific stuff but the sigur ros white album is amazing! First time I listened to it, I went to bed, turned off the light and turned it on... Seriously it was like being in a flotation tank lol.

Howly Wed 05-Mar-14 08:57:13

The XX
Bombay bicycle club
The 1965
Jack Johnson
bit of Bob Marley - 'don't worry about a thing, cos every little thing is gon' be alright!!' he he

All are relaxing, or generally happy music. Listening to Bombay Bicycle club reminds me of being in a hot country lying on a beach!

Spotify have good playlists already put together that you could ideas from and sample some music before purchasing it - spotify have a free version you can download.

Also I just bought the Natal hypnotherapy cd, not that I'm a hippy type but find it very relaxing and a good way to practise getting into the right frame of mind.

LucyB1 Wed 05-Mar-14 21:41:27

I'm also using the natal hypnotherapy cd but would like to listen to my own music as well. Do you think it's ok to combine the 2?

Melonbreath Wed 05-Mar-14 21:46:41

Bach, Goldberg variations.

Writerwannabe83 Wed 05-Mar-14 21:48:16

I'm taking my Carpenters Gold CD in with me grin

midwifeandmum Wed 05-Mar-14 21:54:22

I had a selection of everything on my playlist. Dance - calvin harris, example, pitbull pop - takethat etc. Some N-dubz, tineh tempa. Then i had some spandue ballet and Enya mixed in. My collegues just kept laughing at vast range of music. What ever keeps you happy

CbeebiesIsMyLife Thu 06-Mar-14 15:47:34

Completely forgot I posted this, was just coming on to ask the question hmm

Thank you so much for all the ideas, I'll have a look into them all grin

Howly Thu 06-Mar-14 16:41:22

I have just this minute discovered some meditation style music on spotify called 'Solar fields' very chilled but a little spacey!

Inbl00m Thu 06-Mar-14 19:56:01

Most Radical Face songs are pretty relaxing. Hope you find something that works for you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now