Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How are you coping?

(19 Posts)
CristaBell Thu 06-Mar-14 22:27:47

Thank you K8eee smile

Definitely feeling more tired now but hoping the nesting period will kick in soon!!!

K8eee Thu 06-Mar-14 20:55:37

cristabell the raspberry leaf is meant to help make your contractions more effective and apparently it's good to take them for a few weeks after the birth to give your uterus a helping hand to shrink back.

It's so nice to hear other ladies saying how tired they are. I've barely done anything today but feel shattered!

sick, am sorry to hear your not having a fun time. The 40 weeks are defo worth the aggro. I've got to admit ill miss my belly moving and kicks but I guess I will have my little newborn to snuggle up to smile

SicknSpan Thu 06-Mar-14 19:21:31

Glad so many are coping well. Bit envious!

27+6 with dc3 and emotionally not doing great. I am normally a fairly capable woman who manages to muddle through the work/home mêlée ok- not perfect but dc and dh and I are happy. My head will not squeeze in any more jobs that the very basics and even then I struggle getting them done! Poor dc are almost ferile and I am dangerously behind at work. It all seems like too much which is just silly. All I can cope with is chucking fish fingers in the oven, spot cleaning their school uniform and then collapsing on the sofa, leaving dh to do bedtime and coming downstairs to find me already asleep! It's like i had a dormant gene for incredible laziness that has been awakened where my brain is just incapable of anything but bare necessities.

Can't wait to be 40 wks- hoping for a lovely healthy baby and starting to feel like me again.

Boogles91 Thu 06-Mar-14 18:38:56

Im 21wks and loving every minute of it! No complications just endless amounts of hospitals and doctors trips! Wich isnt new to me but i didnt think i would have to be making this many lol babys perfect and right size :D kicks away in there he had hiccups again erlier, felt like a right cafuffle was going on -.- so they are just concentrating on me now for time being smile theyve stupidly booked me in next wensday and thursday next week! Does my head in :@ xx

CristaBell Thu 06-Mar-14 17:43:07

I'm 37+5 with my first and feeling pretty well to be honest. I'm sleeping less now as I'm struggling to breath more at night (asthma and baby squashing everything) and needing the loo a lot more. I can't complain though as I've been lucky and a good pregnancy with no sickness or aches and pains.

k8eee Can I ask why you are taking the raspberry leaf capsules and what are they for?

K8eee Thu 06-Mar-14 13:09:24

yep,climbing the stairs is a right hoo ha. I really need to clean our bath/shower but can't bring myself to do it. I know my back will be killing me after. likewise with the hoovering.

MrsCharlieD Wed 05-Mar-14 19:58:15

Im 26+4 today. Feeling generally well apart from Im utterly breathless from even just climbing the stairs. Worrying about how much worse that's going to get, especially as i have asthma. Counting down the weeks now to mat leave. Only 9 to go! X x

Legalbaby79 Wed 05-Mar-14 19:50:05

I m 33 weeks today, touch wood , I ve had it pretty easy and have enjoyed every minute of it.... Well apart for the 13 weeks of nausea lol and now a a horrid pain under my left boob and horrific back pain - I think this is comman for most ?!!
But I had a friend that moaned continuously throughout her pregnancy and I promised myself I wouldn't as this is a blessing ....

ToriaPumpkin Wed 05-Mar-14 14:37:36

I'm 31+3 and apart from having piles brought on by the codeine I'm taking for my SPD I'm no doing too badly. I would be doing better if my 2.4yo wasn't obsessed with his balance bike meaning I spend fair amounts of time walking faster than I should to try and wear him out. The upside of this is that he sleeps for a couple of hours an afternoon!

My glow was short-lived this time, it lasted from 28-29 weeks I reckon but never mind grin

I've got physio on Friday, and a growth scan next week to determine whether they're going to induce me early due to size (31 weeks, measuring 36cm and previous 9lb at 39 weeks baby)

K8eee Wed 05-Mar-14 13:54:18

ah you'll definitely get the glow soon! I think mine is fading, well I feel as though it is. I think I'm going through another nesting phase but physically it's getting very difficult sad dh doesn't have much interest in helping either, but I may have to get him to drag the hoover round for me

Howly Wed 05-Mar-14 11:31:38

I'm still waiting for the pregnancy glow too, doctors just said I was very pale! I'm off work as I keep feeling faint, awaiting blood test results for anemia!

MissSlackPants84 Wed 05-Mar-14 11:07:30

I'm 20+4 and so far, other than the sickness and tiredness I've had a straight forward pregnancy. I feel ao lucky and fortunate.

I'm still waiting for the pregnancy glow....

purplebaubles Wed 05-Mar-14 10:49:03

32 weeks here..struggling. SPD is really bad and running around after a 15month old (DD1) is not easy. DD is poorly at the minute, so was up 4 times last time doing nappy changes/calpol/comforting etc.

Enjoy the fact it's your first! grin It's much much harder second time round (well it is for me!)

K8eee Wed 05-Mar-14 10:46:00

I take my hat off to any pregnant ladies who already have little ones to run around after. I have no idea how I'll cope as we want at least four kids! I say that now, poor dh might never get a look in! I've been on the raspberry leaf capsules, and I'm hoping they really do help. I know there's no scientific research to prove they do but anything is worth a try isn't it?

rachyconks Tue 04-Mar-14 20:33:14

36 weeks today with no2. DD only 15 months, so it's quite hard work. Especially since she doesn't sleep reliably at all. I'm measuring 37+2 and about 7lb 2oz already - so expecting a big un! I'm still at work full time, though finishing on Saturday - thank goodness. Finding it all so much harder this time round. Can't wait to not be pregnant anymore!

Mummyk1982 Tue 04-Mar-14 20:18:30

Am 37+6, generally ok physically (socks and shoes are tough going, as is getting comfy in bed!), though I've just hit emotional stage. Probably combination of hormones, being at home alone on mat leave and the over excitement/anticipation that little lady could arrive anytime! Wish my husband was off with me- he's working all hours in prep for his pat leave (a whole month!!!) but I'm worried he's working so many hrs we're not getting precious time to ourselves and that he'll make himself so tired he won't get the most out of pat leave- and then I end up an emotional mess again!! Argh!!!

K8eee Tue 04-Mar-14 20:00:06

hope you feel better soon kiwi thanks it's horrible Le having a cold whilst pregnant

KiwiBanana Tue 04-Mar-14 18:53:40

I'm 24 weeks with baby number 2 and so tired! Just getting over a horrible cold/cough that I caught from DS. He was feeling much better by the time I caught it and so was full of energy while I felt like crap!

Apart from that I'm doing well thankfully smile

K8eee Tue 04-Mar-14 18:13:53

Just interested to know whether I'm lucky and plodding on pretty well, and for us to offer support to one another.

I'm currently 37+2; baby number 1 but definitely not half as mobile as I was! last few weeks have struggled with the hoovering, have been pretty tired but since yesterday I've definitely had more spurts of energy. now have managed 2 days without a nap grin my bumps measuring 36cm, and fortunately no complications as of yet.

right, your turn!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now