Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

anyone else got around a month left? fancy joining me on a countdown thread?

(470 Posts)
balenciaga Mon 03-Mar-14 18:50:54

I have 39 days left (AND COUNTING) until my planned cs on 11th april

I am fat, fed up, knackered, aching, heartburn-ridden and absolutely DESPERATE for the baby to be out. this will be dc3 and deffo my LAST

anyone else got a similar amount of time left and want a thread where we can share the joys of the final stretch of pregnancy

currently todays bugbear is my needing a wee constantly, which will no doubt keep me up all night again

MarthasHarbour Thu 17-Apr-14 19:52:26

Evening ladies. Still hanging in there although i have had tightenings for a few days now. I keep thinking 'oohh this is it' but it isnt, i have actually had tightenings for weeks hmm

DS came back from grandparents yesterday and i went for a really long walk with him and some of his schoolfriends today. We walked for about an hour and a half round a National Trust grounds, the mums were fab making sure i got lots of stops, but were mainly cheering me on as i walked for ages (and some were taking bets as to whether i would go into labour tonight!!).

Anyway it has made me absolutely shattered and i can now hardly walk (but i am taking that as a good sign hmm). The bottom of my belly is tight and i am waddling like a duck grin Have told DH to stop at two small glasses of vino tonight. I will get this bliddy baby out before the ELCS! (Currently 37+4)

Also DS has been saying for ages that i am going to have the baby on 18th - i keep correcting him and saying its the 28th but he keeps disagreeing with me - and today he said that he is so pleased i will be having the baby on Friday (Tomorrow is Friday 18th!!)

I really want to say watch this space but i just know that the baby will hang on until ELCS date angry

*wonder not worry

Oh Inglorious, it's such a horrible stressful time while you're in hospital, no worry you feel wobbly.
I honestly think I was suffering from a bit of post traumatic stress after my emergency section (lots of tears and a few flashbacks of the very scary parts) and that was straightforward and my baby was with me straight after - I can't imagine how out of control it must have felt to have Sam in SCBU where you can't see him.

As Martha says, make use of your support networks and really enjoy your baby now you are both home. Tears are healing, let it all out if you need to x

Inglori0us Wed 16-Apr-14 04:48:59

Thanks Martha. Yes my lovely midwife is still visiting me and my dh is being very good. I know this'll pass!
How are you?

MarthasHarbour Tue 15-Apr-14 23:10:54

Inglorious they are absolutely normal emotions. The first few weeks after birth (particularly the first and second) are so emotionally charged, your hormones are all over the place. You have the added post traumatic stress of having Sam in SCBU. Give in to the floods of tears, i presume you still have the MW coming round to visit and the HV will hopefully be able to give you support. Take all the hugs and support your DH and family can offer too. And post/rant away on here! flowers smile x

Inglori0us Tue 15-Apr-14 21:43:09

Eurgh. Am an emotional wreck. Sam is fabulous and very chilled but I'm feeling really hormonal and can burst into tears at the slightest thing. Think the time he spent in special care is going to take a while for me to get over. He's absolutely fine now but my stress levels were so high I think it's taken quite a toll on me.

Fabulous news Bop! Congratulations and welcome Dexter. A birth story is only complete with an embarrassing waters incident!

I must admit before I experienced a section I had no idea how crappy they were & how hard it made those first few days. Definitely not 'just a little cut'! Smile, nod & ignore...!

I spoke to soon on the feeding - nips of fire!! I know it's my fault for not correcting his latch over and over until its right but at 3am after a tired baby has fought the boob for ages, sometimes I'm just grateful he's on and put up with the pinch... We'll work in it again tomorrow smile

MarthasHarbour Sun 13-Apr-14 21:46:53

wow - i have maxed the emoticons a little bit there!! <resists temptation to slip in a little grin>

MarthasHarbour Sun 13-Apr-14 21:45:26

Nope last i am still here waiting angry although i was secretly relieved when DH walked through the door at 11.30 this morning - just in case!! grin

I had the full pineapple last night, nice (not too) hot bath. Tonight we have had a thai green curry and another bath and DH and i are going to give some jiggery pokey a try hmm not-that i am looking forward to that much!

My DM was her usual tactful self today, why do i confide in her eh eh? When i told her what the consultant had said about induction she said 'well labour isnt all that you know dear - i would much rather you went in and had a little cut than went through all that...' i had to remind her that an ELCS or EMCS is a leeeeedle bit more than a 'little cut' but she wouldnt have it hmm hmm hmm She is not toxic just a great-deal little bit tactless

And breathe!!!!!

inglorious you must be so glad to be home after all that, and you are back quite quickly after a spell in SCBU too which is brilliant - now for the enjoyable time smile

Congratulations to bopoityboo smile and i love the name it-is the name of our cat but only because we absolutely love it and it totally suits him!! I am liking the sound of your quick labour - and your projectile waters grin

last lovely to hear you are enjoying BFing and general cuddles smile

bopoityboo3 Sun 13-Apr-14 20:45:53

Dexter was born this morning at 2:40 he came in a bit of a hurry (under 2 1/2 hours) but is doing great and now we're home. Didn't have time to get in the pool but managed to create my own by shooting my waters 4ft across the delivery room according to DH blush hope everyone else is doing well and we get to hear about lots more of these babies turning up soon. Xx

Inglori0us Sun 13-Apr-14 10:39:04

Aah Last that's brilliant.
Sam is snoozing in his basket, dh is about to take dd out for an hour so I'm putting my feet up.

Great news Inglorious. I'm so glad you're home and Sam is fighting fit! try to keep taking it easy (hoho) even if you are healing well!

So Martha DID you go into sods-law induced labour?!

Thomas is also doing really well. Had some BF ishoos which I think we're related to JS rather traumatic arrival but a baby chiropractor and an amazing BF support worker have made all the difference and dare I say we are now almost enjoying feeding! He's currently napping in DH arms next to me. Its too adorable - I could eat them both.

Inglori0us Sun 13-Apr-14 04:53:03

Hope these babies start making an appearance soon!
Baby Sam and I finally came home last night after 7 days in hospital for him, and 9 for me. Phew. I was going crazy in there.
Sam was treated in SCBU for 5 days and although it was stressful the staff were so amazing I felt confident he'd be ok and now he's home and seems strong as an ox.
Recovering really well from my EMCS. Had the dressing taken off yesterday and it seems really neat, totally closed and painless. Amazing really.

Misty9 Sat 12-Apr-14 12:19:10

Thanks martha nothing much happening here sad though bump keeps going really solid which makes moving around even more difficult. Term plus 3 so far... My waters broke on the evening of this far along with ds, so who knows. My whole family arrive later today nobody staying with us thank god so no pressure confused

MarthasHarbour Sat 12-Apr-14 11:06:38

ooo i am now home alone for 24 hours. DH is 3 hours away which means i am sooooo not going into labour tonight.

I have a pineapple and some hot curry powder - lets get this party started!! grin

MarthasHarbour Fri 11-Apr-14 20:20:45

Congratulations on the safe arrival of your little girl balenciaga and i absolutely adore the name Alexia Ruby smile Hopefully your recovery will be smoother from now and you can enjoy the first flushes.

Hang in there misty i just checked back and can see that you are overdue now so it cant be for much longer <holds hand - not too tight though!>

DH is taking DS to stay with grandparents 3hrs away tomorrow - i am hoping that this inconvenience means that karma will make me go into early labour so he has to bomb it back quickly! (DH is only going overnight to drop DS off - then DS is staying for an extra few days). I love a bit of excitement! (what it really means is that i will be sat here for a day fed up fat and bored waiting for a non existent arrival!!) grin

Congratulations Balenciaga!
Welcome Alexia Ruby!

So pleased she's here safely and you're both feeling better now you're home x

balenciaga Fri 11-Apr-14 15:21:03

Hello all sorry haven't been on much for a while! Just wanted to let you all know had my baby on Monday (7th) had her a little bit early as she was meant to come today! But my obstetrician changed the date to a bit earlier as my SPD had got so bad.

Her name is Alexia Ruby, She is just beautiful and we are smitten and are in that new baby haze ATM. Tbh The birth and recovery was quite awful (which was expecting as was my 3rd c section) but we came out of hospital on weds and I'm recovering well now smile have also, unexpectedly already lost all the weight, god only knows how, I'm shocked shock must have been mostly water and baby

Congrats to those ladies who have had their babies and hope those that haven't arrive soon!!

Misty9 Fri 11-Apr-14 11:53:03

No, nothing last thank you for asking though smile
I'm slightly disbelieving that I'll go into labour naturally as I was induced with ds - so I'm tending to ignore every cramp and funny feeling like the urge to sort and tidy I've had today Not sure what it would take for me to believe it's happening - a head perhaps! grin

Sorry to hear of all the feeding and sleeping issues; par for the course with a newborn iirc...can't say I'm looking forward to that aspect! Hopefully this one will be better at bf than ds was...

Any rumblings Misty?

Well Martha it's good that you've made a decision you're confident in and now you can get prepared and really enjoy your time until the madness descends!

I'm managing the night feeds & changes solo now, but DH is still moaning about being tired from interrupted sleep despite getting a good 7-8h.... Grrrrrr

Come on babies! I'm ready for another birth story!

MarthasHarbour Thu 10-Apr-14 15:14:56

Well i am sticking with my ELCS on 28th. Had a long chat with the consultant who explained that the chances of a successful VBAC via induction were much lower than if i went into natural labour. He would prefer me to either go into spontaneous labour or have the ELCS. They wouldnt do the pessary as i have had a previous CS, they would do the balloon method (sticking a balloon up my fanjo for 12-16 hours) then after that they would break my waters (no fecking way - not after the last time) then wait and see - it would be at least 24 hours. And then with the likelihood of an emergency section!

Obviously every induction is different and the above method is because of my previous section and Gestational Diabetes and early labour etc. My consultant was lovely and explained it all really clearly. I made my mind up halfway through the chat TBH.

I came out feeling pretty flat however i have had a lovely lunch at John Lewis which has given me a chance to give myself a shake and be grateful that i am being well looked after smile

So - i have 2 weeks and 3 days of freedom! grin

last i have one DS age 4 and have had a MC and a stillbirth at 21 weeks. So second child but fourth and-last pregnancy smile

Oooh tough choice Martha (& welcome!) is this your 1st baby?

I didnt appreciate it at the time but Im really glad i got to experience labour, even if it ended in a section! I'm also struggling with the after effects of the op a week on, despite healing well - I just want to be able to move normally!

I think if I was going for it again, I'd try for a VBAC. I think.

MarthasHarbour Wed 09-Apr-14 21:22:14

Just read the entire thread to get me in the mood. Glad everyone is/has felt the same way i am feeling now - i feel like i have found a comfy chair and happy place smile

Still in two minds what to go for when i speak to the consultant tomorrow. But i really think i should go for induction and give it a go. This is my last chance at childbirth (i am 41yo so not planning any more).

Anyway - i will let you know how i get on.

bopoityboo3 Wed 09-Apr-14 17:55:42

Oh inglori0us congratulations thanks

Still waiting here lots of BH's that keep making me look like I have a football jammed up my top but no sign of them doing anything.

curly it was so annoying and had me in a right grump all weekend. Especial as I'm pretty sure that if I'd seen my normal community midwife, rather than the one on duty at the hospital, that she would have given me a sweep anyway.

Really hoping this baby turns up before the weekend as my mum is up this week to be on hand to help with DD as I'm so tired and bored of spending time by myself during the day whilst DD is at school and DH is at work. Totally with you Martha with being fed up about the lack of movement and needing to pee all the sodding time etc.

HelenHen Wed 09-Apr-14 15:16:59

Lol last, I was so sure dc was gonna be girl that I said dh could have Boys name if I picked both middle names (we'd already agreed on girls name). So now both my kids have Irish middle names and I'm really pleased with that. Dh doesn't Like either middle name... Oh well! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now