Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

anyone else got around a month left? fancy joining me on a countdown thread?

(470 Posts)
balenciaga Mon 03-Mar-14 18:50:54

I have 39 days left (AND COUNTING) until my planned cs on 11th april

I am fat, fed up, knackered, aching, heartburn-ridden and absolutely DESPERATE for the baby to be out. this will be dc3 and deffo my LAST

anyone else got a similar amount of time left and want a thread where we can share the joys of the final stretch of pregnancy

currently todays bugbear is my needing a wee constantly, which will no doubt keep me up all night again

HelenHen Tue 04-Mar-14 15:18:29

Good point... So it's a BOTTLE of wine you want then? Yep me too! smile

I'd kill for your pizza lunch though... Sadly I have gallstones so it would probably kill me sad

Due 7 April here.
Not sure were going to get that far as the baby is huge, low and slightly engaged - I'm amazed s/he hasn't dropped out as I'm walking along it feels so uncomfortable!

I'm so ready for a huge glass of southern comfort with lime and lemonade I can't even tell you...!

Has everyone done their antenatal classes now?

Misty9 Tue 04-Mar-14 15:55:14

Hehe, "browsing the internet for wine" made me laugh inglorious
I'm not a big drinker normally, so haven't really missed it - but I do miss chocolate which gives me terrible heartburn so have to avoid Jaffa cakes don't count though

We found out - it's a girl. Dh was thrilled as we have ds and he likes the 'complete-ness' of one each. Personally I quite liked the idea of two little boys, and don't really know how to be a girly girl myself... First girl in the family so everyone's a bit excited.

Anyone else knackered out after the tiniest thing? I have to sit down for a few minutes after climbing the stairs, and the smallest bit of housework leaves me breathless and needing a nap! Ds is at nursery this afternoon and I really should be making the most of the time...but can't get off the sofa blush bloody SPD isn't helping.

Saying that, I don't want to go early - not ready for two!

Inglori0us Tue 04-Mar-14 16:01:33

Yep Misty I had to rest mid-washing up yesterday. Also I keep getting water, food, stuff all over my bump. Embarrassing.

Misty9 Tue 04-Mar-14 16:03:04

I know what you mean - I've got to the stage where bump gets splashed with god knows what and I don't even notice most the time! Glamorous it is not grin

Sillylass79 Tue 04-Mar-14 16:30:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Inglorious - I am MNing as I have had to have a sit down after doing some washing up! Thank god it's not just me - I thought I was being particularly pathetic.

Also yes to smears of who knows what under my bump - DH is revolted. I'm past caring.

wishiwasrunning Tue 04-Mar-14 18:56:29

Lastone my baby feels so low too. At 34 appt midwife said 'ooh wasn't expecting it to be down there!' Which was not very helpful.

I have to get someone to carry the laundry about as one trip up stairs with a washing basket wipes me out for ten mins! I was doing triathlons before I got pregnant!

It's my birthday at the end of March and I've asked DH for a really good bottle of champagne that I can enjoy when the baby's here, it's all I want atm.

juliec26 Tue 04-Mar-14 19:12:36

Keep trying to guess the sex but really not sure this time round other than it's massive .. Scan next week at 36 weeks .. Happy for it to come anytime after that .. Ds who is 3 seems to have picked up on my inability to do a thing and wants constant attention .. Last day at work Friday!.. More anxious 3rd time round apparently mw says very common ... Really hoping for water birth In MW led delivery suite

Inglori0us Tue 04-Mar-14 19:26:35

I actually feel like I've been pregnant for about 2 years!!
I run a private practice and I'm still booking in appointments (but not any new patients). DH is nagging me to pick a date to stop work. I only qualify for MA so I want to work as much as I can now but I'm knackered. Find it hard to say no.
Dd also knows something is going on and is clingy, stroppy and more demanding than usual. She has no problem at all saying No. I fact some days it's all she says.

HelenHen Tue 04-Mar-14 20:12:39

Julie I'm convinced I'm having a girl... So is everyone else... Baby wouldn't get in position for songrapher to tell me but even she said her hunch says girl... So it's gonna be a boy grin

I've 36 week scan in two weeks and gonna ask again then!

When I have a lazy day on couch (all the time) poor ds dumps books and toys on me so u don't have to move... Yay smile

juliec26 Tue 04-Mar-14 20:35:14

Was thinking girl .. But when pregnant with dd I felt so well with ds so ill and this time so ill. Although smaller bump .. My gut was a girl at first, but since time has gone on changed my mind ..,have growth scans every 4 weeks and am resisting temptation to ask sex as I love the moment when first born and they ask what have you got!

Ds wants me to play cars with him on the floor .. Manage about 10 mins at time .. Me and Dh have kid free day tomorrow probably last time for a long while .. Looking forward to a rest smile

Janem001 Tue 04-Mar-14 21:07:17

I am due on the 2nd April With number 2.
Had a section last time and realised today I may aactually give birth this time! Shitting it!

balenciaga Wed 05-Mar-14 10:31:19

how is everyone this morning?

I am shattered as I keep waking up in the night absolutely sweating buckets <attractive> then i also need to pee

i too feel like i have been pregnant for about 2 years - in fact i basically have been pregnant for a year - as had MC last may at 12 weeks. then got pg again in july!

37 days to go.....

HelenHen Wed 05-Mar-14 10:54:52

I've moved into the spare room with my giant pillow and we're both getting a much better sleep now... Apart from the waking to pee!

Ds has gone with mil for a few hours but I'm bored... Have stuff to do but can't be arsed!

balenciaga Wed 05-Mar-14 12:20:07

Oh I'd love to be able to do that! Dh doesn't help with my sleeping as when I wake up he is usually snoring and that keeps me awake too grrr

I bought a memory foam mattress topper yesterday from m&s and that's made my bed more comfy at least

HelenHen Wed 05-Mar-14 13:58:42

Ahh I know what ya mean about the snoring! Dh only snores when he's really tired so I feel too bad for him to wake him up.

At the moment we're both pretending that we really miss eachother but it's blatantly obvious we're both much happier lol.

In fairness when we have the baby, I'll be in spare room with baby during the week anyway so dh doesn't wake us with his alarm or his phone (he's on call one week a month) so I'm just making it Home now. It's lovely though, I feel like I'm in somebody's guest room cos it doesn't have his mess all over the place smile

Diamondsareagirls Wed 05-Mar-14 14:19:07

I cannot wait to be able to sleep on my stomach again! With regards to the snoring, I am the one who is keeping DH awake with it unfortunately! blush I think it does him good though. It is training for the babies arriving, right? grin

HelenHen Wed 05-Mar-14 15:09:35

Lol absolutely... You have to wake to pee, he has to wake for something too!

I miss sleeping on my back! sad I miss sleeping!

CaipirinhasAllRound Wed 05-Mar-14 16:14:45

Hi, I'm due on the 16th April and have another 3 and a half weeks at work but a 4 day weekend this weekend which I'm so looking forward to!

I'm not so bothered about wine at the mo but can't wait to have some decent coffee and lots of it! Actually, now I've just written that, I quite fancy a large Malbec!

I'm sleeping ok but wake up every time I need to turn over and I think I keep stretching in my sleep too which is waking me up as I then have to flex my feet to stop cramp attacking. Has anyone else tried any hypnobirthing downloads/CDs? I've got a couple which I've been listening to at night and they send me straight to sleep

Balenciaga I'm hating all that sweating in the night, it's always under my bum cheeks and inbetween my legs - so attractive

I'm struggling trying not to use my stomach muscles to lie down/get up/turn over, I had my first bath in months last night and trying to get to a lying down position was a challenge!

HelenHen Wed 05-Mar-14 16:43:58

Yay you're due same day as me! I'm dying for a pot of coffee too! I've been having one cup of instant in the mornings but the coffee machine is taunting me!

Sillylass79 Wed 05-Mar-14 16:53:25

Sillylass79 Wed 05-Mar-14 16:53:54

Emilycee Wed 05-Mar-14 17:34:58

Hello Balenciaga can I join in please? 4th April due date - my grumbles at the moment are sore hips at night waking me up and heartburn :-(

I have just been for a coffee to meet the other ladies from my NCT group before the first one pops. I thought as I'm 35 weeks I'd treat myself to a small full-caf flat white...

...I'm high on the caffeine!! Whoo!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now