Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity jeans hell!

(37 Posts)
Harryhart Mon 03-Mar-14 14:28:47

Hello.

I have very skinny legs, am a size 8-10. My own skinny jeans are now too tight to wear but just had the most depressing time trying to find maternity ones.

Does anyone have any tips on good shops to try??

Everything I have tried just hung off my bum and legs!

Thanks!

Magix Tue 04-Mar-14 13:42:38

H&M definitely !!! smile

lucidlady Tue 04-Mar-14 13:43:37

Another vote for seraphine!

highlove Tue 04-Mar-14 14:04:14

My legs are skinny compared to the rest of me, though I'm bigger than you at 12-14 pre-pregnancy. Skinny jeans are a nightmare at the best of times because what fits my waist look huge on my legs and what's perfect on my legs is too tight round my fat tummy. Finding maternity decent skinny maternity jeans has been a nightmare. The best I've found are New Look skinnies which are at least properly skinny. I've bought a pair and wear them a lot but don't love them - they look a bit cheap and, well, like they come from New Look. I've also got a pair of Mamas and Papas skinny jeans - they look boyfriend cut and are hideous if comfy. And a pair if JoJo skinnies which are ok but aren't skinny - they are just straight-legged. Good luck!

Harryhart Wed 05-Mar-14 22:19:36

Asos have saved the day!

Boogles91 Wed 05-Mar-14 23:17:28

What i dont get is why do they have to be so expensive -.- i dont want to buy from h&m and places like that as im a 10-12 and have found that you buy one size from one shop n same from another and they are completley different! Id rarther go to a shop where you can find proper fittin clothes. I really need to get some as this weathers too cold for leggings sad n tights are uncomfortable xx

Mintymoomoo Thu 06-Mar-14 09:10:12

Asos, a friend has just given me a pair and there fab, I'm the same as you size 8 and very slim legs! I struggle with normal jeans!

The ones she gave me from asos are under bump and so soft and stretchy, they are a size 6 and I fit perfectly around bum and legs!

I think it's def work going down a size in maternity as the seem to be cut large x

MummytoMog Thu 06-Mar-14 09:18:39

Another vote for going down a size - I ordered some Next size 10 maternity skinnies in the sale for �14 and they fit PERFECTLY. Phew. I wear a 12 in their normal stuff. I also bought some size 12 maternity dresses and they're a bit big, so I think they just size everything up in maternity, which is daft, because my arse hasn't grown that much.

Scotmum83 Thu 06-Mar-14 18:18:09

I bought maternity skinny jeans from asos which have been great and boot cut ones from gap maternity there's 30% gap today as we'll smile

DearKitty Wed 06-Aug-14 16:34:46

Uniqlo has a great selection of skinny combats, jeans and jeggings, all with good stretch and available in loads of different colours. Good quality and not expensive. They sit comfortably under bump and I'm still wearing at 29 weeks and hope to continue.

PresidentSpreadable Wed 06-Aug-14 16:51:36

Topshop Maternity ones are good. I have a cheap pair from Debenhams and a pair from Vertbaudet. You could also try Gap maternity.

Happilymarried155 Wed 06-Aug-14 16:52:24

Another vote for topshop here!

Loveallmyboys Wed 06-Aug-14 18:12:51

I'm the same build as you. Skinny jeans look like 'normal' jeans on me! I found topshop ones to be the best fit for me. 'Topshop Moto maternity 'Leigh' '. They're £38 but I've definitely got my wear out of them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now