Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Varicose veins on vulva :(

(6 Posts)
Mrspedro Sun 02-Mar-14 22:35:03

Am almost 26wka pregnant with #4. Been feeling a dragging/ache when I stand in the past fortnight which I put down to a few short runs (I assumed it was my pelvic floor). It feels ALOT worse when I stand.. Anyhow upon inspection this evening I can see I have varicose veins ,particularly on one side down my thigh.
I'm not due a check up until Mar24th, do I need to see GP between now and then ? I assume he will be unable to offer anything bar advise that I wear support stockings?
Are they likely to get worse? I'm literally sitting as much as I can but I work on my feet a lot and with three other LO's and a house to keep decent it's hard to find the time sad
It's sooo soo achy

Mrspedro Sun 02-Mar-14 22:36:15

Ps- am currently sitting on an ice pack and have feet elevated... This pregnancy lark isn't easy is it?! And there I was dreaming of being active until the very end sad sad

FriendofDorothy Mon 03-Mar-14 22:49:05

I hate to say it but I had a vulval variscosity post birth and it was excruciatingly painful.

Mummyk1982 Mon 03-Mar-14 23:36:29

I have them terribly. Stop the ice pack- the midwife/gp/obstetrician have all advised warm compress- where the vein dilates it relieves the pain- put ice on it it narrows/constricts and makes pain worse!!
And sadly they will get worse, but I've been reassured they will get better after birth :-)

Mummyk1982 Mon 03-Mar-14 23:37:48

And nothing can be done for them whilst pregnant. Support tights may/ may not help- for me they made it worse- just rubbed on it!!!!

MrsPedro I've got these too :-( looking online there are a few homeopathic remedies to try but nothing to offer a permanent solution. I haven't been brave enough to tell anyone about them yet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now