Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone in the first trimester?

(123 Posts)

Im due late October so the October ante-natal board is well developed and moves way way too fast grin

Anyone not on there who fancies a general chatter about the ups and downs of the first tri?

Im 5.3wks, found out just over a week ago, and this is dc2. I had a MMC last August, so am keeping quiet as long as possible about this all.

Current symptoms and state of play is tired, bloated and bloody starving. Could have had two plates of my dinner this evening.

So hi grin

babynugget Sun 09-Mar-14 16:52:36

Hi all. Hi juniper and cookie I recognise you from JSing - congrats, great to see you on here. Everything the same here. Still have sore boobs, very mild cramps (like wind) but no other symptoms. Had some very light pinkish discharge yesterday and today which had me freaking out last night. But trying to be rational about it. I got my BFP over a week ago with clearblue digital and it said 3+ weeks so don't think this can be implantation bleeding? Any thoughts anyone?

cookielove Sun 09-Mar-14 16:57:14

babynugget I've heard that some times as the body stretches for your lo it can cause bits of blood to break away. If you are worried call your dr or local epunor if you bleed more!

Fx and thinking of you flowers

jojov1981 Sun 09-Mar-14 20:17:37

Don't know if I'm late to this party but I'll give it a go ��

I'm due September 29th (although I think it will end up being an October baby) currently 10+6 and thoroughly confused by my symptoms (first pregnancy). Some days I feel like I am going to spontaneously vomit on whoever I am speaking to, I could sleep standing up and I am occasionally ratty �� but my boobs aren't sore, nipples haven't changed colour and I don't feel at all pregnant!! I had a panic scan at 9+3 as I had convinced myself something was wrong. And I was so chuffed with the results. Strong heartbeat and bouncy bubba.

Love reading about all of you. And look forward to hearing and sharing more.

X

babynugget Sun 09-Mar-14 21:08:12

Thanks cookie I'm hoping that's all it is. Have to wait until 26th for first midwife appointment so if it gets any worse or persists I think I'll contact the gp. Think our local epu only accepts referrals via health professional. Hope all is going well with you.

JuniperJones Sun 09-Mar-14 22:00:00

hi babynugget congrats to you!
Has anyone noticed their body changing much? By the end of the day I am so bloated I look really pregnant! And my ass is already expanding, I'm going to have to buy new knickers tomorrow.

I also appear to have gone off tea (I drink decaf anyway) so I'm rather sad about that.

HumTeach1012 Sun 09-Mar-14 22:30:41

Hello guys and congrats to everyone! I'm 9+4 now and I still feel like I'm hit by a bus everyday! Nipples are so sore and I too bloat loads by the end of the day. Not been sick but felt sickly at times. Got scan on 21st march so excited to make sure everything is ok. This is my first pregnancy and all I seem to do is worry. Is anyone else as worried as me or am I just over reacting? Xx

Polkadotscarf Mon 10-Mar-14 05:27:55

I'm constantly worried! grin

WanderingGecko Mon 10-Mar-14 09:25:02

This makes interesting, amusing and reassuring reading! I'm about 6 weeks pregnant and due October 30th. I had a missed miscarriage which ended my first pregnancy last August. I was devastated about it and then things just weren't seeming to get back to normal. Just as the Drs were starting tests to find out what was going on, I realised that I was a few days late. But this pregnancy is different and I don't know how much it is just that all pregnancies are different, how much it is a little self-protecting denial on my part, or how much it could be that something is wrong. confused
My nausea is very mild and intermittent: some days not at all. But I am having crazy dreams and do not feel as strong as usual. No sore boobs really but I didn't last time either.

I'm feeling a bit short-changed just now and have mixed feelings. We want a child so much but I'm scared of being hurt again and the fact that I'm not feeling very pregnant is making it hard to get into the right frame of mind. I have horses and a flock of sheep but now I'm being told not to do heavy lifting (my idea of "heavy" is apparently very different to my mother's!) and I can't lamb my flock, which causes another headache!! I also can't have my new sheepdog puppy... this baby better turn up and had better be worth it hmm lol

kcmp14 Mon 10-Mar-14 17:13:09

Ho

kcmp14 Mon 10-Mar-14 17:21:21

Hi

WanderingGecko i feel exactly the same, i'm 5+5 and due 5th Nov, i also had a MMC in Oct last year.

My nausea is also mild and intermittent but my boobs are starting to get a little sore...but is this in my head?

I'm trying not to get my hopes up but at the same time i don't want to ruin this experience because of last time.

I've already had early scan due to bleed (most probably implantation but they wanted to be sure) but only showed thick endimitrium so had to have bloods which were more than fine but i still cant help but worry as I have another scan on Thursday to check that the yolk has developed and baby is in the correct place.

I've read that its really normal to not have symptoms or them be intermittent baring in mind that some people don't even realise they are pregnant for the first 6 weeks.

I hope you start feel pregnant very soon...I'm sure we will be on a feed complaining in a few months....fingers crossed smile

WanderingGecko Mon 10-Mar-14 19:45:40

Thanks kcmp14. It does help to talk to someone else going through the same thing. I can't tell many folk yet and don't want work to know yet. I've been going through "is it just in my head" too today but I think I am feeling more pregnant and boobs are just a bit sore. I'm sure we'll both feel better after our scans... but that seems an age away just now! Good luck on Thursday, really hope it is all good news. I asked whether they would be giving me an early scan but midwife (different one to last time) seems to be very "British" (read stiff upper-lipped and business-like!) and said that I am very fit and healthy and low risk so there is no need. I get the feeling that she doesn't have a lot of time for worriers!!

JuniperJones Tue 11-Mar-14 21:35:35

hello, it's gone a bit quiet in here.
How's everyone getting on?
I'm seven weeks today and feeling sick a lot more. I also appear to have quite severe anger issues!
I think I overdid it today with lifting my nephews and racing around. Lots of weird twinges and bubbling sensations so hoping everything is ok in there. confused

xx

Hi, sorry, been shattered!

Ive had the vomiting and runs (sexy), crazy insomnia, however its dying off and the last two nights ive had a decent tea which has stayed down and a good chunk ofseven or eeight hours sleep.

I dropped in my urine to docs (bloody faff there) so on Thurs I will call and they will officially say im pg (even though ill be eight weeks at that point!!). Then who knows whatever else comes next. Last dc it was dead simple but they appear to have put in a load of other steps now.

Ive told my boss, mainly as I felt guilty as another in our veryy small team is pg and has told the boss, amd two mat leaves at the same time will be a PITA to cover (esp in our busier periods!).

JuniperJones Wed 12-Mar-14 08:46:23

Ah ken sorry you're suffering so much sad glad the sleep is improving. I couldn't sleep the first week and it makes the worry so much worse.

Nearly vomited this morning so things are changing all the time...Just hope it's all ok. x

LoveCharlie Wed 12-Mar-14 12:31:55

Hi all

I'm new here, just got a BFP last wed after MC in Nov.
Excited but scared. 5 weeks + 2 by my calculations.
I gave my doctors surgery a wee sample on Monday, called back today and was told they normally test in house but they must have been 'unsure' as it was sent to the lab. I have to call back tomorrow or fri. I used 2 clear blue digital tests last week that both said pregnant 1-2 weeks, so I'm definitely pregnant right? I wasn't testing early. I'm worried now so any reassurance would be appreciated!!
Thanks x

cookielove Wed 12-Mar-14 14:30:14

I find it odd that all the gp practices, have different protocols for pregnancy. My gp did not confirm either pregnancy, just took my word for it. The gp sends off my referral and I get a lettrr through the post, my friend who is 30 minutes away from me has to make her own referral and appointments. So odd.

jojov1981 Wed 12-Mar-14 14:35:52

HumTeach1012 I have my scan the same day as you! And I am also constantly worried. Will it be there, will it be OK. I so far have no need to worry. But the not knowing is something that I really hadn't considered when I thought about the whole pregnancy situation. There seem to be a lot of times when you are just waiting.

I'm going to tell my boss once I've had the scan, but I am kind of dreading it as I know how busy we are, and I am covering several big projects at work (making the near narcolepsy quite interesting).

Just can't wait for the scan.

WanderingGecko - sounds like we have a similar midwife. When I asked if the urine test confirmed that I was pregnant she snorted and said no, it was to check for diseases (me). When I asked if there was any way I could confirm the baby was there/healthy prior to the 12 week scan she looked at me in disbelief and told me that the NHS couldn't afford to reassure every woman who was unsure about her pregnancy. Helpful!

MyNameIsKenAdams - I've had the runs and vomiting too (sorry TMI) and was fully prepared for horrendous constipation. But it would seem I am the other way! I was sleeping like a baby, but now I keep waking up to worry about my 12 week scan. I never considered myself to be a worrier before. I do hope I don't become a neurotic mother!!

LoveCharlie - I would say you sound pregnant and Friday is only 2 days away now. I was again pretty mental and did a test every week (I had ordered them bulk on Amazon) so I am probably not the best person to ask.

I have just read my post back and I don't even recognise myself I sound like a lunatic. Apologies!!! I have never been such a worrier before.

jojov1981 Wed 12-Mar-14 14:50:09

My cousin is a midwife and gave me a tip for an early scan. When you go to your first midwife appointment say that you have no idea when your last period was. They will then book you in for an early dating scan.

Hope this helps someone! wink

JuniperJones Wed 12-Mar-14 21:12:02

Evening.
Well, another thing to worry about today - I had some bleeding. sad It was really very little but I don't want any at all! I also got my scan date through so I guess the hospital have decided to be nice to me (or maybe the boot up the arse from the international centre for research into molar pregnancy did it...?! wink)
Sorry to anyone with the runs & vomiting. They don't tell you it can go either way! xxx

kcmp14 Thu 13-Mar-14 21:25:05

Hi all,

I had my 2nd internal early scan today which was a follow from hcg bloods due to early bleed.

I'm 6+1 and saw the heart beat, we even got a picture although its only 3.5mm. The relief of seeing this is immense after my mmc in oct.

they confirm my early bleed was implantation bleed and have booked my midwife booking appointment and my 12 week scan although both dates seem ages away.

its worth telling your dr's as there can be a wait to see the midwife. The booking appointment is normally at 9-10 weeks.

the last 48 hours my nausea has got a lot worse and my hips ache like mad, i put my toothbrush in my mouth and gagged this morning...tmi sorry!

x

cookielove Fri 14-Mar-14 07:31:32

Glad to hear it kcmp

I had my 12 week scan yesterday, it was nerve wracking but went well. Healthy little baby!

JuniperJones Fri 14-Mar-14 14:02:54

yay cookie that is great news, really pleased for you xxx

cookielove Fri 14-Mar-14 14:20:02

Thanks Juniper hopefully it will all be plain sailing from now on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now