Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Anyone in the first trimester?

(123 Posts)

Im due late October so the October ante-natal board is well developed and moves way way too fast grin

Anyone not on there who fancies a general chatter about the ups and downs of the first tri?

Im 5.3wks, found out just over a week ago, and this is dc2. I had a MMC last August, so am keeping quiet as long as possible about this all.

Current symptoms and state of play is tired, bloated and bloody starving. Could have had two plates of my dinner this evening.

So hi grin

inmybelly Tue 04-Mar-14 01:58:56

It's hard to believe that something the size of a lentil is making me feel like this!

After being exhausted all day I've now woken at 2am ravenously hungry. The lentil wants a biscuit...

ithoughtofitfirst Tue 04-Mar-14 08:36:13

I could cry. I could actually cry.

daheedsgirl Tue 04-Mar-14 10:44:51

Hi

I'm 6 weeks today so due end of October. My booking in appointment is end of March :-). I was feeling ok until today and now tiredness has hit me plus the feeling of wanting to be sick. I have had no appetite but now am starving! This is our first baby after trying for a long time. It's nice to hear everyone else's experiences xx

Jess03 Tue 04-Mar-14 10:59:59

It does get better, after feeling like I was almost getting depressed as so tired and sick my energy levels rebounded at wk 9 and sickness abated. Fingers crossed that doesn't turn out to be bad news...

Hi everyone! Congrats to all, can I join too? I'm 3+1 today so really early on, been feeling queasy on and off for 2 weeks, really tired and sore boobs for just over a week so I tested on the weekend. Had a surprise with the bfp to be honest, even tough I suspected I was pregnant AF not due until next monday so I didn't think it would show. DM suggested that could mean twins, eek!

inmybelly I've had the hip/leg pain too! I feel like my pelvis is going to split in two some days! First had it a week ago, and thought it was just because DD had been on my lap for too long. Also woke up yesterday with a pain in my left thigh - like I'd pulled a muscle, it hurt all day.

edward was your last AF totally normal? It is so rare to feel symptoms so so early, im wondering if last months af was actually implantation bleed?

That was my thought exactly kenadams , it was only 5 days (usually 7) but followed the usual pattern (so heavy I can't leave the house on the first day, then gradually easing off). I bought a conception indicator test yesterday thinking it would show 5+ if last AF was implantation, but I did it this morning and it said 1-2. I think I ovulated really early in my cycle, so that might account for early symptoms. I guess I won't know fore definite until I have a scan confused

*for

Ginger73 Tue 04-Mar-14 19:00:31

Hello everyone! Can I join in? I'm 41, so ancient, and 8 weeks pregnant with first baby. None of my friends or my family have kids so I really don't have any idea about this whole pregnancy lark although looking forward to experiencing it. Had told husband last year I definitely didn't want kids, so I don't know who was more surprised, me or him, when I found out I was pregnant and suddenly knew I wanted to have the baby, Mother Nature willing.
So far, baby has been kind, and given me only tender boobs to worry about, symptom-wise.

ithoughtofitfirst Tue 04-Mar-14 20:34:54

Yay ginger!

Congrats on the well behaved baby.

I'm 8 weeks with dc2. Stupid enough to do it again... or it's so good i couldn't wait to do it again? You decide ;)

kcmp14 Tue 04-Mar-14 21:54:03

Hi, I had a MMC in Oct last year. I'm now 4 + 6 weeks and had some spotting last week so my GP sent me for an internal scan today. The sonographer wasn't impressed i had been sent and advised she probably wouldn't see anything and would have to do HCG blood tests. She did the scan and did said that she could see that the endometrial was a good thickness but didn't give me measurements and i still had to have bloods done. I have to go back on Thursday for 2nd lot of bloods which should have increased by 60% if the pregnancy is going to continue and they will re-scan in 2 weeks if they have increased.

I have read about endometrial thickness and some sites say that it can be a sign of ectopic pregnancy? i'm trying not to get my hopes up as i was heartbroken last time but i also want to enjoy my pregnancy.

your thoughts would be much appreciated.

X

alita7 Tue 04-Mar-14 22:41:26

Hi there i'm 4+5. Went to the docs today and was referred to the midwife. Made it feel really real as I got to say the words, I'm pregnant :D

A bit concerned about miscarriage, especially as I didn't find out about my last one until my scan so it will be another 8 weeks before I feel safe! But feeling positive for this one smile

cookielove Wed 05-Mar-14 18:56:54

Hello all, what a day!!

Vendor pulled out of the flat we are buying, and we are just about to sign contracts <argh>

I am stuck at home cause nursery has mumps, and it can cause miscarriage before 12 weeks.

But have managed to change my booking in to tomorrow yay, and will get my mumps blood test tomorrow yay!

Ahhhh and my nephew who is so cute, but not a big talker said bye bye ookie (or insert my real name) and he never says it too me! Bless him, i love him and his squidgy little brother!

But get to pick dh up in less than an hour and i haven't seen in him in days!!

alita isn't it the best to say the words i am pregnant! My mum told me today that she loves telling people i'm pregnant, will be able to shout it from the roof tops soon!!

Nice to have a bit of imprpptu time oglff thpugh Cookie

My job has these random hours of stress throughput the day and I just want to shout "back off you fecking nightmares! Im pg" but I cant.

cookielove Wed 05-Mar-14 19:10:30

Yes the time off is nice, and i am still getting paid which is a bonus!

ema24august Wed 05-Mar-14 20:31:31

Hi I'm due 16th Oct feeling sick when hungry my stomach doesn't rumble for food anymore unfortunately. This only started at 6.5 weeks so like a few of you I also did not feel pregnant at all up until now.

I'm really hoping I start to feel better soon it's like a constant hangover!! And so I can actually enjoy food again instead of eating to stop me being sick.

Trying really hard not to moan :-) can't wait for 12 week scan!!

cookielove Fri 07-Mar-14 08:20:49

ema I feel sick to, puts me off eating!

Had my booking in yesterday, all went well and scan is booked for next Thursday!

BlueStarsAtNight Fri 07-Mar-14 12:45:29

Hi all I'm 6+5 with my 2nd, due 26th October. I've had a few bouts of nausea, usually at night when tired, and had some monster headaches this week that made me sick. Have mild tummy pains today though and feeling worried as I've had pinky brown sporting for a week now, and it's more red today though v light. Sort of just hoping it goes away! Our local epu has a drop-in clinic, no need for appointment, so I might pop there on Monday if still going on. I would have been sooner except I don't want to have to tell anyone yet, but I'd need someone to look after my DS! Hope you're all feeling ok today

JuniperJones Fri 07-Mar-14 14:17:30

Hi all, exciting news about the scan date cookielove not long to go.

I'm having battles already to get my early scan. sad The midwives seem a bit rigid about having the scan before the booking in but I have to have one as I had a molar pregnancy before. It's so stressful, and life is stressful enough at the moment! The booking in is for 9 weeks so if they won't do it I'll have to hope they'll sort it out quickly then.

cookielove Fri 07-Mar-14 15:25:44

Juniper i am very excited but also very nervous, i have a genetic counselling appointment directly after the scan and i am a bit freaked out! (In case you don't remember cause there was so many stories on Jsing, but the baby died because of chromosome abnormality and we were genetically tested because of this)

I had to battle to get my early scan, when i miscarried last time the midwives promised me a scan, i called them at 7 weeks and they said i needed a referral from the dr, i spoke to my doctor who was a basically a total dick about it and made me feel really awkward, in the end he refused to refer me and i went private instead.

I've got everything crossed that you get your early scan smile

kcmp14 Fri 07-Mar-14 16:08:55

Juniper- i had a MMC in Oct 13, i've also had to ask for an early scan but in the end i got so upset my Dr had no choice but to refer me...i dont think they understand what its like not knowing. I did read on line that they can't refuse you an early scan if you ask for one.

I had internal early scan at 4 +6 and they could only see thick epidermis and a sack but no yolk, because of this they did HCG bloods to check my levels which should go up by 60% within 48 hours. Mine went up from 3115 to 9568 in 48 hours which i'm told is great and they have booked for me for a scan in 10 days time...fingers crossed everything is where it should be.

Juniper- you could ask for HCG bloody, they can be done at the GP surgery by the nurse and they actually tell you more than the scan.

Hope you get something sorted.

JuniperJones Fri 07-Mar-14 21:37:07

hi, thanks for your thoughts. I've now spoken to a midwife who is going to refer me but apparently the EPU don't always book in these types of scans. FFS! So, I will email the follow up hospital to set them on the EPU here. My post-molar support group have recommended this course of action!

I was offered HCG blood tests but I think that would drive me a bit crazy after all the HCG related trauma with the molar. I just want to know what's in there and have it at that. Better be a baby perfect to dates with a strong heartbeat after all this stress!

have great weekends. xx

bonbonpixie Sat 08-Mar-14 00:00:01

Hi ladies,
Got my bfp tonight. Only one day late, so was only just slightly curious. This is DC2. Dd1 is 21 months, was giving her a big cuddle tonight wondering if I'm ruining her life....confused

Wow, it hasn't really all sunk in yet. Only weird thing happening is the bizarre rate of growth of my nails! Last time I barely had to trim anything, hair or nail wise. Wonder what else is going to be different??

cookielove Sat 08-Mar-14 23:13:27

kcmp I completely missed your post sorry to hear you're going through a bad time, my thoughts are with you smile flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now