Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone in the first trimester?

(123 Posts)

Im due late October so the October ante-natal board is well developed and moves way way too fast grin

Anyone not on there who fancies a general chatter about the ups and downs of the first tri?

Im 5.3wks, found out just over a week ago, and this is dc2. I had a MMC last August, so am keeping quiet as long as possible about this all.

Current symptoms and state of play is tired, bloated and bloody starving. Could have had two plates of my dinner this evening.

So hi grin

sophielouise Thu 27-Feb-14 19:45:29

Another one here! I am due October 29th with DC2. Tiredness has hit me this week all of a sudden. Why does the first scan seem like such a long way off? Just got my booking in appointment through for April 1st which seems a mile off as well! Hoping the time flies... Anyone planning on not finding out what they're having?

Sanoie1 Thu 27-Feb-14 22:08:38

Crooksmith congratulations! It took me a year to fall pregnant with my ds and another 2 years and 2 failed pregnancies to get pregnant again now. I understand that longing. Glad its happening for you x

We didnt find out last time, sophie, though dh would have liked too, but we will this time as its only fair.

ElleDubloo Sat 01-Mar-14 17:32:31

Hi everyone! I'm 5+3 today (due Oct 29th). I've had two early miscarriages at around 5 weeks both times, so I'm praying every day that this one keeps! I'm trying so hard to eat well, sleep well, and not run for the bus too hard wink

This will be my first baby and I'm so excited, but so nervous, trying not to get too hopeful, counting each day that passes without bleeding as a success.

robindeer Sat 01-Mar-14 19:23:09

Another one praying for a successful pregnancy here, TTC for 6mths and this is my first DC. 6wks pg today, sore boobs, starving all the time, bloated (or possibly just fat!), and last night I fell asleep on the sofa! Feels like an age until my scan, due date 26th Oct.

Nice to see some more in the early stages.

Im currently away on a hen weekend and am so so bloated. 6w1d and whilst the second bumps pop earlier, this is ridiculous. Am in maternity leggings to go out as my jeans will not button up.

Am so so tired but will go out til 11.

Sparkle9 Sat 01-Mar-14 22:10:51

I'm due 29th October and nervous about the pregnancy because I have been spotting since it got my BFP. This has at least meant an early scan and another booked for the 11th March.

I don't have nausea or sickness but I do have sore boobs!

Fissawissa Sat 01-Mar-14 22:37:57

I'm due 14th Oct so I'm 7+4. This will be our second & so far have had a very different pregnancy!
Nausea hits in the afternoon & I usually end up having a nap for an hour (1st child allowing!)
I have a wedding & a christening coming up in a few weeks & will struggle to fit into the dress I had planned to wear - I'm so bloated come evening time!

JuniperJones Sat 01-Mar-14 22:59:53

Hello, can I join you? I am due 28 October. I had a molar pregnancy two years ago and have been trying on and off for about a year. I don't have any dc. As some of you have said, I won't really believe anything is happening until I get a scan.

I don't really have any symptoms, just hurty boobs from time to time, feeling extra hungry in the evenings and extra tired at the end of each day. I am so worried about mc after everything but trying to remain calm.

babynugget Sun 02-Mar-14 01:23:48

Hi folks. Just got my bfp this morning with home test. Stunned and shell shocked. I'm 34 and only been trying since the new year. Always thought it would take ages to get pregnant! I have teeny boobs but for last fortnight they have been tender, like pre AF but lasting longer. Since bfp this morning have suddenly noticed my nipples are permanently erect and waaaay bigger than they've ever been. Other than that I've had no symptoms. My last period started 24th jan so reckon I'm about 5 weeks! Used a clear blue digital test and it said 3+ weeks. Excited but cautious. Looks like end of October due date. Congrats to you all. X

Miskate Sun 02-Mar-14 08:58:41

I took a test on Friday and nearly fell over when I saw it was positive!
We'd been told in January that we would need to take fertility drugs as I had PCOS (news to me), so we were ready for a long wait. Can't believe we managed to get preto on the first month so I'm excited but a bit apprehensive. Because of PCOS my cycles are completely screwed, so doctor has out me at 6 weeks although I think I'm more like 4+1.

Sorest boobs ever - I have really small boobs normally and haven't experienced pain in my chest region since I was about 10. Also with the nausea in the middle of the night, and difficulty sleeping. So glad to have found this thread, when I told my mum and mother In law they both said that they had never experienced any symptoms at all.

Oh also this is first baby for us and first baby for both our families so we've told parents, siblings, his grandparents etc. hopefully this was not an error!

pilotsprincess Sun 02-Mar-14 09:10:11

Hi everyone smile
I'm due oct 19th or around then.
This will be my 2nd I have a dd 2.5.
I'm suffering big time with morning sickness this time round!

HullBird Sun 02-Mar-14 09:29:02

Hello ladies,

I'm seven weeks today and resorted to doing another test yesterday as I have no symptoms at all now! Week 5 I had the headaches and sore boobs but now, nothing! First pregnancy, haven't told anyone (except my reflexologist when I cancelled my appointment! ). Booking in appt 12 March. It just all feels surreal.

It so reassuring to hear other people's experiences. Like someone said up thread, it's not that I want to feel sick, it would just be good to have a sign that 'something' is happening!

cookielove Sun 02-Mar-14 09:33:30

Hello, I am also on the Sept thread, but have trouble keeping up so thought I would pop over here if You'll have me. Please smile

I'm 10+3 according to my lmp, I'm 10 weeks according to my mother and I am 9+6 according to an early scan I had to confirm pregnancy!

This is my 2nd pregnancy but first dc, had a mmc last sept!

Hello

cookielove Sun 02-Mar-14 09:37:17

Oh and not had my booking in yet as the hospital didn't get my referral sad

babynugget Sun 02-Mar-14 09:40:39

Miskate sounds like we are pretty much in the same boat. Guest baby got us too. I have a dilemma and hoping some of you have some good advice. I've got a hen night, wedding and work night out coming up in the next couple of weeks and it will still be too early to tell anyone I'm pregnant. It will be most unusual for me to not be drinking. Especially on the work night out as I arranged it! What can I say to folk?

mrsnec Sun 02-Mar-14 09:45:19

Hi everyone, I've been lurking, babynugget, I have a friend with 2 October babies and both times she said she was giving up booze for lent. I've been dieting for ages so I never have to explain not drinking.

kashka81 Sun 02-Mar-14 09:52:24

Hi everyone, I'm 5+4 and due 29th Oct. I'm 33 this month and it's my first baby so I'm super excited. So far only my partner and I know and I'm waiting for the first scan (which is in 2 weeks) before I tell anyone else. I'm also quite proud as we've only been trying for a month and boom - here it is already!

So far my only symptoms are tender breasts but not to the point it makes me suffer. No nausea, maybe a slight fatigue but I still go to the gym as usual and even do weights. My appetite is normal, I do fancy spicy foods more than I normally would though (I think). Since I found out I've lost over a kilo but that might have nothing to do with the fact I'm pregnant.

I've found this really great series of videos on youtube posted by Med Twice and called 'Pregnancy by weeks - Week XX' so you can pick whichever week you're in (starting from week 4) and this doctor explains exactly what to expect in that period, what's going on with your body and what's happening inside you. Here's a link to the video about week 6: http://goo.gl/3YF5Td

I hope you'll find it useful and I keep my fingers crossed for all of us girls!!!

kashka81 Sun 02-Mar-14 09:54:42

@babynugget - regarding drinking alcohol, I tell everyone I'm on antibiotics (or other medicines) which can't be mixed with alcohol. Problem solved smile

HullBird Sun 02-Mar-14 09:55:15

Yep, giving up booze 'for Lent' here too. (Helps that I've done it for the last few years).
However, someone on another thread had some great tips, basically, get the first round in, drink something with a 'mixer', be really slow with your drink, if someone insists, accept and pass it to your other half or leave it 'accidentally' on a table, then you can't possibly let them buy you another so go to the bar yourself. .. and so on. Good luck!

babynugget Sun 02-Mar-14 10:08:50

Thanks for the ideas. Nobody who knows me would buy the giving it up for lent one though! I am known to enjoy a bevvy! Think i'll try the antibiotics plus a couple of ' dummy' drinks purchased by myself. So tired just now i'll probably fall asleep anyway!

cookielove Sun 02-Mar-14 10:11:54

Ahhh I don't drink alchol, as I am always the driver, so can't help you there. But I do think the antibiotics excuse is a dead give away!

BumpNGrind Sun 02-Mar-14 10:17:09

I went to a wedding last weekend and just couldn't get away with not toasting with the toast wine. So I just lifted the drink to my lips and didn't sip. I also sent dh to the bar a number of times asking for my usual gin and tonic and he just got me a plain tonic water. I thought I'd be found out immediately but absolutely nobody guessed.

Hevava Sun 02-Mar-14 10:26:28

Hi Ladies,

I'm Heather and 9 weeks today (woohoo! Have to celebrate every little milestone!). I'm due on 5th October. We had an early scan this week for reassurance and we got to see a wonderful little heartbeat- such a relief! It felt quite surprising to see something that is living and growing inside me! My tummy is still looking so normal that I almost thought I could've imagined the whole thing :-P (if it wasn't for the puking and the sudden aversion to anything edible except rich tea biscuits). But it helped me realise the purpose to my symptoms whereas before it just felt like I'd had some kind of illness (self pity alert!)

We had been ttc for 9 months following a mmc just over a year ago. I thought we would never get that bfp!

Anyway thought I'd say hi rather than just lurking.
Does anyone else feel like time is going backwards rather than forwards?! Surely I must be at least 20 weeks by now

Hedgehog1977 Sun 02-Mar-14 11:24:16

Hi everyone,!

I'm 10+2 with our first, we had been trying for 3 years and were about to be referred for ivf so it was a bit of a shock! We had a private scan at 8 weeks and saw a little heartbeat. I've been a bit of a nervous wreck, convinced it's all going to go wrong so I will be glad to get to my next scan in 2 1/2 weeks! It doesn't help that I've had virtually no symptoms, I don't really feel too different.

With the booze thing I've been avoiding nights out but rescheduling them for after 12 weeks! We've also been doing the fake gin and tonic, so I don't think anyone's guessed...

Hx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now