Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I've been pregnant forever

(227 Posts)
Tea1Sugar Thu 20-Feb-14 11:29:07

Does anyone else feel this way? I'm only 31+2 so less than 8 weeks until elcs but I am so so over being pregnant!!

Spookey80 Fri 07-Mar-14 20:21:29

Glad they are bit better. I have already been scrubbing the floors, virtually not sat down today and was having lots of twinges. Now I'm sat down and although I feel uncomfortable I don't feel as bad as earlier. ...but I can't just keep in the move all the time! Aaaargh,.,when's it going to happen?
Trying to be a bit less stressed,., wasn't like this with the other 2, but then they came before due date so ?.. Good to know I'm not the only one piratesmam.

NickysMam Fri 07-Mar-14 21:10:28

38+3 and I love that you're all having a shit time too. misery sure does love company!!

I want her to stay in longer so she can grow but I'm tired of being pregnant. Tired of my DH turning me down because he 'doesn't want to hurt the baby' etc..

Fuck it.

PiratesMam Sat 08-Mar-14 04:28:56

I'm getting annoyed that people I know who are due after me are having their babies now. Starting to say congrats through gritted teeth!!

Spookey80 Sat 08-Mar-14 13:01:07

I know the feeling! I'm annoyed because its a lovely sunny day here and I can't really go out far as all my maternity clothes are winters, I have spots and look like shit! ...and I do know how pathetic that sounds.

Cacraig2 Sat 08-Mar-14 13:55:24

At least it's a lovely day spookey in Scotland we had sleet and snow yesterday and it's blowing a gale today. Went for walk wrapped up in coat, gloves,scarf etc. But as I am now overdue and size of house i can't walk far. Hope my baby not waiting for spring!

DitaVonCreamTeas Sat 08-Mar-14 14:59:47

39+3

Bored to death with constantly thinking and talking about childbirth and babies.

But also totally incapable of thinking and talking about anything other than childbirth and babies.

ZingSweetMango Sat 08-Mar-14 16:50:50

21 + 5.

it's my 7th so yes, I've been pg forever and always will be!grin

PiratesMam Sun 09-Mar-14 10:20:49

Bloody hell Zing , respect to you. This is my third and I can honestly 100% say I am never putting myself or my family through this again!!!

Spookey80 Sun 09-Mar-14 13:19:34

Another day with no baby yet. Lovely and sunny here, but I just want to hide away. Got yoga ball out yesterday in the vague hope it might help get baby into a better position! Am actually longing to feel the pain now!! Or at least some movement.

Cacraig2 Sun 09-Mar-14 15:04:19

Still no baby here either spooky hate being overdue everyone texting phoning for update angry I know what you mean I just want to hide away maybe they should bring back confinement grin longing for waters to break or pain to show it is all starting.

MummyPig24 Sun 09-Mar-14 15:39:45

I am no longer pregnant. Thank Christ! Good luck to those fed up and still waiting, I know exactly how you feel.

snapple21 Sun 09-Mar-14 16:17:36

40+8 here feeling very sad sad really wanted to use the birth centre, already had two sweeps and nothing. Fed up of trying everything to go into labour!

Spookey80 Sun 09-Mar-14 19:24:44

Congratulations cacraig, well done you. I too am feeling very sad, I honestly feel that I am going to pregnant forever. Dh had a bit of a go at me last night saying I'm being stupid (I do know how silly I sound) but I feel so overwhelmed by this need to have my baby here now,. I feel like I'm going mad!
I do have my ok times when I'm able to distract myself, but then another day goes by with no baby and I'm soooo uncomfortable.
I know it's only a matter of time.
Good luck everyone.

Spookey80 Sun 09-Mar-14 19:25:28

Sorry not cacraig, mummpig! Sorry!

ZingSweetMango Sun 09-Mar-14 20:58:20

pirates

I'm struggling a lot more this time so definitely last one.

good luck to all of you and especially those who are due soon.

MummyPig24 Mon 10-Mar-14 02:38:30

Thanks spookey. It will be your turn next!

PiratesMam Tue 11-Mar-14 07:40:04

I'm still going... Had a sweep yesterday which gave me a bleed and cramps yesterday afternoon but now nothing, just very tired. Another one tomorrow and then induction on Monday if it hasn't happened by then. hmm

Spookey80 Tue 11-Mar-14 11:23:50

Hi pirates, and everyone. I'm still going too, seeing mw later today for sweep. Quite low as thought things were happening yesterday, but then everything stopped? Haven't had a sweep with other 2 dcs, so bit nervous, willing to try anything now,.,,

ZingSweetMango Tue 11-Mar-14 13:13:49

may I suggest you both have sex asap.

I swear the combo of sweep and sperm invasion worked for us 100%!

with DS3 I had a sweep on a Friday morning (4 days overdue) and had the show a few hours after we had sex that night (not glamorous).
I started mild contractions the next morning and had dull ache all day, which turned into proper contraction early hours of Sunday.
he was born at 6.35 the same morning.

DS5 - I was 9 days over, had sweep then sex an hour later, I went into labour the same afternoon and he was born that evening (sweep to baby took 12 hrs)

DD - also born within 48 hrs.

(didn't have sweeps with other 3:
DS1 - waters broke at 39 +6 but had to be induced
DS2 - MW couldn't reach cervix so couldn't do a sweep
DS4 - ELSC)

I think it's worth a try anyway, but only if waters have not broken yet!
good luck to you both, won't be long nowsmile

Vikkijayne2507 Tue 11-Mar-14 14:52:08

I asked about going overdue here in Portugual after reading about all you poor ladies and appearently they only let you go 5 days before they start sweeping and then inducing they dont let it go 2 weeks over so I have a deadline at least the finish is in sight

36 + 6 weeks

Spookey80 Tue 11-Mar-14 18:11:27

Thankyou zing,, I have just had my sweep an hour ago and mw said nice go and gave sex. ...however we actually had sex before the mw appt, obviously I had a shower after! Didn't tell mw that we had just dtd, do you think it still might work doing it that way around or should we have sex again?.., anyway I am having contractions now and very uncomfortable, but really worried they might stop again sad as I've had these a lot.
Thks for all the advice.

Cacraig2 Tue 11-Mar-14 20:21:23

Oh how exciting spooky good luck.
sperm doesn't live very long at all so if you can be bothered or if things slow up might be worth another shot!!
Still nothing here roll on sweep on Thursday.
Beautiful day today so at least enjoyed some leisurely time walking around our local loch with dc1 it was stunning and gave me a wee lift that I will be able to enjoy some spring and summer with both dc with no work smile

Spookey80 Tue 11-Mar-14 21:28:31

All slowed down now again,.,,aargh. And to be honest I suddenly feel absolutely shattered,. Think both emotionally and physically so just going to go to bed. I give up trying to make baby come,,. It will come when it's ready. Glad you had a nice day cacraig,, cold here today, but yesterday was gloriously sunny and I too got a lift taking ds to the beach, thinking how lovely it will be when babe is here to enjoy too. Gonna try to hold that thought.

janewoz Wed 12-Mar-14 00:31:55

37 weeks cant take much more camt sleep .eat .walk its my 4th but my god my worse . If i hear 1 more person say ...ohhhhh not long now or... havent u had that baby yet !! Lol ill go mad xx and breath thats my moan over ;)

ZingSweetMango Wed 12-Mar-14 00:46:52

jane

I bought a t-shirt "I'll come out when I'm ready".
I'll be wearing it in July. exclusively! grin

spooky

it sounds dumb but try to not worry about the early contractions.
stress hormones are counterproductive in early labour and can slow down or stop the process.

instead eat something light, have a little nap, distract yourself, have a bath etc.
(I know it's after midnight so hopefully you are asleep or now in proper labour!smile )

if things do slow down/stop try sex again and you can also have as many sweeps as possible.

good luck, let's hope this is it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now