Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When did you start getting uncomfortable?

(23 Posts)
Julietee Thu 20-Feb-14 12:54:37

In my experience the discomfort comes in waves. Like, I'll go through a couple of weeks of it being hard to sleep or exercise because of hip / joint pain, then it'll calm down and all is well (or at least better) for a couple of weeks.
Unfortunately, it seems for me that the only constant in pregnancy is change.

AJay28 Thu 20-Feb-14 12:14:11

I'm only 23 weeks and already feeling very stretched and uncomfortable! Goodness knows what the next 17 weeks are going to do to me!

Beccadugs Thu 20-Feb-14 08:30:40

I do think you get used to it. I remember thinking at 28 weeks I can't cope with this. 10 weeks later, yes it's a struggle putting my pants on etc, but I've adapted I think.

The fact that I've developed sever round ligament pain in the last few days, can barely walk and can't drive my car is a bit more of a nuisance!

x0gawjus0x Thu 20-Feb-14 07:21:30

I'm 38+2 and actually been pretty lucky I felt worse with my morning sickness than I do now, get some cramps and stitches occasionally but other than that feel great smile

icklekid Thu 20-Feb-14 05:26:55

bugoven I'm still jealous due beginning of July so 6 weeks of my maternity couldn't work anyway! I'm only 19 weeks but already suffering from horrible lower back pain and sickness every day still but am very awareaware things are only going to get worse/harder over the next 20 weeks!

bugoven Thu 20-Feb-14 05:12:55

shelly I'm due 7th September and so many people have pointed out my timing.... I was bragging about my 6 week pre-birth holiday (I work in a school). One friend due the same time last year spent the last six weeks sat in a paddling pool of cool water, she's offered it to me for the summer! Ha ha.

Shellywelly1973 Wed 19-Feb-14 21:13:51

I know this isn't going to help but at least it's not the middle if summer!

I've had 2 dc in early September...Bloody awful!

PenguinsEatSpinach Wed 19-Feb-14 20:42:17

Yup. That is me at 31 weeks and there is a good chance I'll go past 42 ( long story). One day at a time.

Peacenquiet2 Wed 19-Feb-14 20:35:49

Last week at 36 weeks, baby dropped. Ive got 2 weeks and 4 days till section and counting....

I started feeling uncomfortable at 39 weeks last time. This time I do at 26 sad. Not impressed.

MyNameIsWinkly Wed 19-Feb-14 20:28:44

I'm not looking forward to weeks 30 plus, even though I am thrilled to be pregnant. I'm already tired, which is fine, but am getting excruciating shooting pains in my hip and groin, which isn't.

superlambanana Wed 19-Feb-14 20:25:42

I'm 22 weeks and already asking DH to take my shoes off for me as bending over is uncomfortable... I'm never going to make it to 40 and stay sane am I?!

Misty9 Wed 19-Feb-14 20:13:34

Today I've found them painful, yes! Mostly being elbowed or kneed I think.

Thisismyfirsttime Wed 19-Feb-14 20:01:09

Does the kicking actually get painful rather than uncomfortable? Sometimes I get the odd one that makes me catch my breath, will it get worse? (And it keeps kicking something that gives me a little shooting pain in my bum, but the less said about that the better.)

weebairn Wed 19-Feb-14 19:55:02

36 weeks when baby engaged. I was full of beans till then. It was a loooong final month.

Misty9 Wed 19-Feb-14 19:52:23

I'm 33wks and just starting to struggle due to bump size/weight, painful kicks, and generally feeling huge. It'll only get worse...

Legalbaby79 Wed 19-Feb-14 19:51:02

Literally I m 30 weeks ... Can't get dressed , without screaming for help or getting out of breath

Iheartcrunchiebars Wed 19-Feb-14 19:49:47

I think about 34 weeks. It was boiling hot, I had to walk a million miles for work, I was sweaty, I had enough.

Thisismyfirsttime Wed 19-Feb-14 19:48:41

Oh no, it's all downhill from here, isn't it?
Until the big day when I get to meet the cause of all this misery of course!

cathpip Wed 19-Feb-14 19:40:50

Just started to be utterly fed up with being able to do pretty much fek all as bump is so large, I am 33 weeks......

mrsmugoo Wed 19-Feb-14 19:35:24

I thought I was uncomfortable at 29 weeks.....

Currently 36 weeks and feeling pretty uncomfortable although probably the ladies who went to 42 will be giving me knowing looks saying I have no idea what feeling uncomfortable is really like!

singlespeedlass Wed 19-Feb-14 19:35:07

Already there at 24 weeks!! But it is my 2nd preg and all the little niggles seem to be happening earlier this time. You've a good excuse to get people to run around after you!

Thisismyfirsttime Wed 19-Feb-14 19:32:26

I'm 29 weeks and starting to get fed up, the kicking is starting to be quite uncomfortable, the bump's in the way so putting my shoes on and bending down is a bit of an ordeal and it's generally feeling heavy and I'm feeling like I'll have had enough soon!
I'm worrying because this feels like really soon to be feeling like this and I'm wondering what I'm going to do for the next 10 weeks! When did everyone else start feeling uncomfortable/ fed up?
(P.s I know I am very lucky in that I have no medical problems which makes me even worse to be feeling so irked with the whole thing!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now