Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How did you announce your pregnancy?

(34 Posts)
MB34 Mon 17-Feb-14 22:02:33

With DS, I had my 12 week scan the beginning of May around the same time it was my mum's, Niece's, dad's and sister's birthdays. So I bought happy birthday Nana/Cousin/Grandad/Aunty cards, glued in a copy of the scan picture and signed them from Baby 34. I just told other family and friends in person.

Just found out DC2 is on the way and wanted some more inspiration. Got a bit of time to go yet but my favourite idea so far is to get DS a T-shirt printed with "big brother in training, promotion due Oct 2014", get him to wear it and see who notices!
How did/will you announce yours?

abigboydidit Sat 22-Feb-14 21:43:49

Afraid am a worrier and don't like to announce a baby until am holding it in my arms (sadly a lot of close experience of MC and still birth). I quietly told close family after 12 week scan, friends and manager after about 4 months & just let everyone else find out naturally. Good luck!

Effic Sat 22-Feb-14 21:47:35

No idea why or how it started but at work, people buy bags of jelly babies and leave them on desks and in staff rooms and we all have to guess who it is!

We told family and friends on our wedding day. Literally only dh and I knew. That was easy - no racing to tell family at the same time.

Lord knows what to do thos time round - maybe something to involve dd.

RandomInternetStranger Sun 23-Feb-14 18:41:37

I'll be buying DD, new baby and I matching shoes & taking a photo with mini blackboards by each pair with my name and birth year by my shoes, DDs name and birth year by hers then either the name if it's a boy or a question mark if it's a girl (no clue what I'll call a girl!) and Oct 2014 by theirs and sending that out. grin I wonder how many of my family won't get it.hmm

DitaVonCreamTeas Mon 24-Feb-14 09:18:10

I just told people then burst into floods of hormonal tears.

puds11isNAUGHTYnotNAICE Mon 24-Feb-14 09:18:54

'I'm pregnant' pretty much sums it up.

MrsMonkeyBear Mon 24-Feb-14 13:54:51

I left a digital pregnancy test on the mantle place as that's where everyone keeps their keys. Mother in law choked on her coffee and father in law just looked confused. Told my mum and dad over the phone.

Artandco Mon 24-Feb-14 20:53:10

With ds1 we took a picture of bread in the oven with ' bun in the oven' quote...

Ds2 just added a scan pic with ' no 2, coming soon to a town near you'

We obv have too much time on our hands...

redrubyindigo Mon 24-Feb-14 21:07:53

I threw up on the kitchen floor at the mere smell of FIL's coffee.

Subtle is my middle name wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now